Notices

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
[Announce] Miniature chess for Maemo

Please keep there any discussion specific to the Miniature app.

Just a note: these are not ports. The adaptations required to make a Qt Quick app to make it run in Maemo in addition to MeeGo Harmattan are minimal. I'm not the expert on this, but I guess even a single package can be offered installable in both OSs?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
the new QtComponents catalogue mat not work in china or in those countries where ( dropbox.com ) is blocked ,so dont panic ,if the catalogue does not work for you ,the only reason is your connection .
ciao

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Is there any problem in uploading it to extras-devel instead?

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
On the behalf of this lovely thread and this lovely community ,i would request to all of you to do your efforts to attract harmattan app developers to back-port their applications to N900 as well .
i asked council to take a look at it and do something about it but with no replies.
probably only my request was not enough so i urge all of you to ask council to set up such environment so that harmattan devs may willingly port thier apps to N900 as well ,just like N900 apps are being ported to N9 .check in here : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41451&page=64 and make your point clear .
Our only hope for the apps right now is harmattan apps which can be ported to N900 ( fremantle ) easily ,just need some tweaks .We need to explore this concept on our community so that council takes a notice and we get an official maintainer for the back-ports and also the confirmation that N9 apps will be ported to n900 for sure .
New council is gonna be announced in days from now on ,so we need to request them with our honest suggestions ,rest what ever community decides ,i personally will go with that ,but YOU ? where would you go ? what would you do ?
If you wanna do something ,do it now ,attract harmattan devs for more apps ,cuz we are quite hungry for more apps !!
ciao

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
next butaca and miniature for Harmattan I installed and MeeCast (on the maemo5) and works perfectly the only thing missing is a swipe everything else is totally office.
For other applications Harmattan that could be installed in Fremantle missing libqtcore - 4.7.4, libqtgui4 - 4.7.4, and libstdc + +6 - 4.4.0
I hope that someone from the people who work at CSSU and overall community power, in the next edition CSSU has been able to provide this for the future of Fremantle and Maemo 5

The Following User Says Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
i wish if some CSSU personelle could confirm whether we can or cant have libqtcore - 4.7.4, libqtgui4 - 4.7.4, and libstdc + +6 - 4.4.0 ,atleast we can have the joy of a good news .

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
the new QtComponents catalogue mat not work in china or in those countries where ( dropbox.com ) is blocked ,so dont panic ,if the catalogue does not work for you ,the only reason is your connection .
ciao
already know why i can't to add this repository although I am not from chinа.Someone has managed to add this repository?

Originally Posted by disappear View Post
already know why i can't to add this repository although I am not from chinа.Someone has managed to add this repository?
Wait till kate allows inean to overwrite current Qtcomponents ,there are some issues regarding meego CE N900 version and also those Qtcomponents are not upstream ,not yet ,might have some issues .It will be fine in the end .

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
Wait till kate allows inean to overwrite current Qtcomponents ,there are some issues regarding meego CE N900 version and also those Qtcomponents are not upstream ,not yet ,might have some issues .It will be fine in the end .
You don't need to be the maintainer to upload a new package to extras-devel, only to promote it to testing.

So don't wait too much, just push the package!

extra devel already contains Qtcomponents which are not compatible with harmattan apps ,there are missing binaries libqtcore - 4.7.4, libqtgui4 - 4.7.4, and libstdc + +6 - 4.4.0 which are some how tweaked in new Qtcomponents and thats how they were made usable.To promote a package into extra-devel one has to overwrite the old qtcomponents .Which has not been allowed ,not yet,though efforts are being made upto date .
Between when a package is promoted to extra devel ,one has to take care of the updates so yeah a maintainer is needed .though hopefully when new Qtcomponents will be promoted to extra devel ,we will find a maintainer for them as well .