Notices

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
On my end, no luck : it's very unresponsive (each button press takes ages to do anything) it crashed during the registration of my google account, and refused to edit said account everafter, and then silently synced... Nothing. I tried syncing a built-in full one, and the create a dummy one w/ only one evend two days ahead, but nope, nothing, silently syncing nothing. In the log, google seem to not like what it sees (bad request) and upon editing google account, the crash trace said something about some var being of the wrong type (seemd to expect a GTK tree object)

Gosh I would have like this app to work, you have no idea.

I hope my feedback is helpful, good luck !

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
OTOH, the built-in ill-named "email for exchange" client is not doing much better, I tried again and it errors at every sync, including first one.

what is that "exchange" server anyway ?

Can't we just setup our own ? A Drupal module, that would display a list of contacts, a calendar and a tasklist online, and some kind of sync system, I don't know, using email ? anything that works.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Exchange server is a product sold by Microsoft. You can setup your own if you have the money for it

For me, the build-in sync works fine, except for the birthday bug.

Every few months it fails to sync, but either a full resync (manual) or empty calendar + full sync does the trick every time

Hi Lorelei - I'm getting the "Bug Detected" error message whilst it's trying to sync one of my calendars. How can I figure out which event is causing it?

The stack trace takes me down as far as:
Code:
_AddMembersToElementTree with AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'decode'

this morning i have a problem with the local calendar properly syncing to google's but the google calendar not being synced to the n900.
and ideas? erminig has worked before with no issues, but this is the first sync i've attempted since dec 31.

john

Last edited by jdr93; 2011-02-24 at 15:57.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by jdr93 View Post
this morning i have a problem with the local calendar properly syncing to google's but the google calendar not being synced to the n900.
and ideas? erminig has worked before with no issues, but this is the first sync i've attempted since dec 31.

john
My last 2 syncs, both manual and automatic unattended, also had this problem. I did change the calendar one setup was syncing to and I don't know which sync failed as I have about 4 set up, only one of which is both-ways - rest are all from google to my phone only.

Saved the traces though, will edit this post from phone and attach. (edit:finally done it!)

Last edited by jgbreezer; 2011-02-27 at 02:26. Reason: add 2 attachment python exception traces

erminig still does not sync from the google calendar to the n900, but it does a very good job of syncing from the n900 to the google calendar. i wonder if it has anything to do with the latest update? or perhaps a change at google?

john

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cordoba,Argentina
I can confirm the issue as well.

I also have a sync problem here - some of the google events appear at a wrong day on N900. It started two weeks ago - could the last update have introduced a bug?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
I just noticed also, that I can't seem to stop it synchronising daily either. I enabled it quite a while ago when I first installed it.

With the now-regular failure to synchronise (and then reporting the error and half-killing my phone in the process until it becomes responsive enough to close down the error-reporting dialog), I decided to stop it automatically sync-ing later at night (usually when I'm in bed, which also causes a problem with the alarm not properly working in the morning when erminig-ng dies).

But even though its unticked, it still runs at the scheduled time and kills my phone! Please fix this inability to remove itself from the scheduler!

I have Alarmed installed, btw, in case that could cause a conflict; but nothing else I can think of that is scheduled to run (except normal system alarms and gpodder, which isn't running to synchronise itself automatically since my last reflash of PR1.3 but has been set so in the past).

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization