Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Do you plan to push it into cssu?
I would love to see this in widely used, but I'm not the person to push anything to the cssu.

As I started on different thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89416 I think we need Maemo5-reloaded, something like Maemo5.5, which brings everything together, CSSU, recent SDK, kernel, extras-builder and so on.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
I would love to see this in widely used, but I'm not the person to push anything to the cssu.
Hmm? Why is that? I'd prefer to see the efforts joined rather than spread. Why do you think you are not welcome in CSSU?

As I started on different thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89416 I think we need Maemo5-reloaded, something like Maemo5.5, which brings everything together, CSSU, recent SDK, kernel, extras-builder and so on.
Count me in

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Hmm? Why is that? I'd prefer to see the efforts joined rather than spread. Why do you think you are not welcome in CSSU?
I think it's called "being deferential" or "not being presumptuous" :-)

Ade's worldclock replacement and iDont's busybox-power precedenses, vs. ease of inclusion (in cssu-devel or cssu-testing) things from "core cssu members", like Pali's bits, or Nicolai's camera-ui, or... ?

Nevertheless, I would, of course, be glad to see here's efforts merged into CSSU. Thumbs up.

/Estel

// Edit

To freemangordon below: It seems that it is - last time I checked both people I've mentioned were interested in their work getting included, and got ridiculous answers. No surprise, that people are switching to "If CSSU want it, they may grab it", instead of wanting to get there on their own. Too much hassle, especially, that cssu doesn't have clear rules what can be included, and what can't.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-03-21 at 08:04.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Ade's worldclock replacement and iDont's busybox-power precedenses, vs. ease of inclusion (in cssu-devel or cssu-testing) things from "core cssu members", like Pali's bits, or Nicolai's camera-ui, or... ?

Nevertheless, I would, of course, be glad to see here's efforts merged into CSSU. Thumbs up.

/Estel
[OT]
Being "core" CSSU dev is not something one is appointed to, it is up to the developer, take luf for example
[/OT]

Sorry for the noise.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
[OT]
Being "core" CSSU dev is not something one is appointed to, it is up to the developer, take luf for example
[/OT]

Sorry for the noise.
[OT]
Let's try to separate two cases there:
1. Developers being on IRC almost daily, having frequent contact with merlin1991
2. Developers only being incidentally on IRC, but having made agreements about steps to come to inclusion of stuff into CSSU.

As I put myself in the last group in this case (ask marmistrz the same question in relation to a more recent sqlite3 version),
I did my steps as agreed upon, the CSSU maintainer(s) should do their part. On one hand commitment is asked for maintenance,
on the other hand no follow up is given. As I said before I do not really care if the clock replacement end up in CSSU, but don't suggest
it is the developer to blame for that.
[/OT]

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by ade View Post
[OT]As I put myself in the last group in this case (ask marmistrz the same question in relation to a more recent sqlite3 version),
I did my steps as agreed upon, the CSSU maintainer(s) should do their part. On one hand commitment is asked for maintenance,
on the other hand no follow up is given. As I said before I do not really care if the clock replacement end up in CSSU, but don't suggest
it is the developer to blame for that.
[/OT]
In this case I'm actually to blame. I promised to deliver a mechanism for ham in order make "optional" cssu packages possible, but never came through. Back then we decided to test that mechanism with the worldclock replacement first.
Sqlite3 is a different beast though, the upgraded sqlite3 requires a newer version of tcl/tk which has braking changes to the older version.
Therefore we'd need a sqlite3 build without tcl/tk (just like the stock maemo one), but that didn't happen.
The other project marmistrz suggested to include to cssu (meego qt libs) is only stalled because of the current upload situation, first the build didn't work, and when I noticed that he fixed that cssu upload was b0rked. It will probably end up in the next sucessfull upload.

And to ruin Estels argument regaring busybox-power, we had a discussion with iDont where he agreed that it's better to keep shipping it via extras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
sqlite3 needs some scratchbox fixup, it's in my harmattan sqlite3 build.

With the tcl8.5 in extras sqlite3 worked perfect, so the only thing was that it was in the extras (normal extras)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Hi AapoRantalainen,first thanks for the new libc6,i already try and install without problem.for now everything look good,no problem with apps,but i lost my sound,maybe this is happen because i am not installed them(libc6)after clean flash i have kp51+thumb2,however i restored my phone with backupmenu by Robbie,or maybe do something like this:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall libc6=2.5.1-1eglibc27+0m5

Last edited by disappear; 2013-06-17 at 14:19.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
And to ruin Estels argument regaring busybox-power, we had a discussion with iDont where he agreed that it's better to keep shipping it via extras.
[OT]Sure, as shipping busybox binary via a fake .deb replacing file by mv is a proper way to distribute it (but only possible if CSSU is excluded), and doesn't qualify for CSSU mantra of "system packages, that can't be provided by other means". Following your philosophy, whole cssu could be provided via extras packages that do binary replacement

Last time I checked, iDont was interested in having busybox-power in CSSU, but ridicolous, argument-less reaction of "some" busybox-power hater on IRC, who have big influence in CSSU maintainership, + idiotic ideas like having iDont to split busybox-power into two packages (one castrated for CSSU and one normal), for no sane reason, made him wave hand and remain in extras. Not everyone have time for hours of useless discussions on IRC (or IRC as a whole, which is huge time sink).

Sure, you observations may wary, but judging from ade's impression and iDont posts in bb-p thread, CSSU maintainers haven't provided a friendly welcome to those two guys.

And what kind of argument is that cssu-extras? camera-ui replacement which don't even try to fully mimic stock-camera-ui can be in CSSU, and ade's "almost mirror" work can't? Suuure, it isn't because Nicolai was/is considered core CSSU team member, and ade isn't.

What a hypocrisy...
[OT]

[half-OT]Maybe, to avoid polluting this productive thread, separate topic about cssu maintainership and murky inclusion rules should be created?[/half-OT]

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-03-21 at 21:50.