Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Call recording works great, just tested.

AGPS looks like also working - coarse location in Maps almost instant, then after 40 or so seconds - exact (I was under a plastic roof).

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
The dimensions aren't quite the whole story. The n9 and Sony phones are curvy compared to a Jolla so when you're holding one you've not got edges and it feels smaller than they are in the hand.

Anyhow, the compacts are pretty much the only phones with decent spec and sub 5" screens these days.
Just checked and my dad's Motorola Moto E is about the same size as the Compacts and a whole lot more curvy, but it still feels a bit too big.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mp107 View Post
* the home key does not work at all. You have to wake up the phone using power key (Is there any way to assigne keycode to only wake the device up?).
I found this piece of information, could you try it out? It's for a different port but the file seems generic.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=143

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I found this piece of information, could you try it out? It's for a different port but the file seems generic.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=143
It works on the Xperia Mini Pro.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
* keyboard layout doesn't work fully: A-Z, Dot, Apostrophe, Enter, Shift, Backspace, Space keys work, rest (including symbols combo Sym+...) doesn't
Slightly later than expected I snagged a Mini Pro and have been playing around with it for a bit. I've tested out the stock firmware, CM11, CM13 and Sailfish, and Sailfish manages to use the available screen space much better than any Android, and more importantly the hardware keyboard actually works better under Sailfish than under CM11 or CM13 (of course it works perfectly on stock firmware). As you mentioned, the blue key and symbol key don't work, but they don't work on CM11 or CM13 either, at least not for me (others seem to have the same problem). On top of that, on an AZERTY keyboard, the . and , are wrongly detected as ; and : respectively, the M key doesn't do anything and the ? is some other character still. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to remap the keys on Android. I'll look into how to get the hwkb to work properly on Sailfish. Maybe mal- is working on a solution for that as well for the next release.

Did you manage to use repos on xperia mini pro? I have only errors like:
Code:
[root@Jolla nemo]# zypper ref
Repository 'extra' is up to date.
Retrieving repository 'openrepos-basil' metadata ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[\]
Download (curl) error for 'http://sailfish.openrepos.net/basil/personal/main/repodata/repomd.xml':
Error code: Unrecognized error
Error message: SSL certificate problem: certificate is not yet valid
In regard keyboard layout I already told you in different thread that xkb handle it on sailfish so probably its just a matter to spend time with /usr/share/X11/xkb/keycodes/evdev (../symbols/) and evdev_trace.

Last edited by elros34; 2017-03-08 at 18:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
You're totally right, I remember you posted about that a while ago. I'll look into it.

"certificate is not yet valid" sounds like the date on your system is set to 1980. If not that, I don't know, all I did was follow these instructions and Warehouse worked immediately:
Code:
devel-su
[password set in Settings->Developer mode]
mv /var/cache/pk-zypp-cache /var/cache/.pk-zypp-cache
ln -sf /var/cache/zypp /var/cache/pk-zypp-cache

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Thanks, the wrong date cause the problem.

I looked into keyboard and looks like only symbols need to be adjusted.
Example:
key <AD12> { [ question, slash, exclam ]};
in symbols/pl fix "?" key.
Reference: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/el...xkb/symbols/pl

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Thanks, the wrong date cause the problem.

I looked into keyboard and looks like only symbols need to be adjusted.
Example:
key <AD12> { [ question, slash, exclam ]};
in symbols/pl fix "?" key.
Reference: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/el...xkb/symbols/pl
Thanks, I think I've managed to fix up the keyboard layout, now I just need to find out how to link the right keys with evdev. Which package should I install to get evdev_trace? Looks like it isn't installed by default.

Edit: mce-tools it is, I should spend more time looking through your post history I think.

Edit 2: holy cow, this has got to be the most boring and frustrating task in history. Every time I change a key suddenly another one I didn't even touch behaves differently. I'll give it another shot in the weekend.

Last edited by nthn; 2017-03-08 at 23:42.

Great success! Looks like evdev didn't need to be touched at all, it was all in the symbols.