Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
I spent a bit of time hacking around with the Sailfish SDK and managed to get a rough port of Ogre3D working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGW4sw6qB5E

That's running within the emulator using the Mesa LLVM OpenGL ES 2.0 implementation, so naturally I won’t be able to say for certain if a port is possible for actual phones running Sailfish until I get my hands on some hardware, but it seems hopeful .

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Nice

In order to test it on real hardware one possibility would be to build it for Nemomobile.
Iirc it shouldn't be too complicated to get it build for Nemomobile as sailfish has quite a lot in common with Nemo.

If you like I could try to assist you a little bit on getting everything into the cobs @meego.
I would love to see Ogre3D running on my Nexus 7 with Plasma Active or my N9 running Nemomobile.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
It's even impressive with llvmpipe rendering.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
That's cool!

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
I've got some packages that build for the emulator in my OBS repo now, and I've made some progress towards getting things integrated with the Sailfish SDK (thanks to some help from lbt and Yaniel in the #sailfish IRC channel):

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
If I could view stl files like this on my future sailfish phone that would be quite handy. That way once I start getting into 3d design I can store the files on my phone and have several versions of a model for 3d printing or CNCing that I can just show a customer on my phone right there or even carry around a portfolio of 3d projects.
There are some free 3d file viewers on windows, I'm wondering if they could be ported. There are also several 3d file formats. Just a viewer that can show dimensions and zoom.
Would be a good feature for a phone with a big screen for guys that do 3d printing and cad design models. I'm thinking the future phones will have the muscle for it.
Or it can go the other way to from customer to machinist, you know like getting an email with a 3d file attachment from your sign designer client and you're out somewhere buying tools or stock and you open the file and now you know you need to pick up some other stock instead of having to go back to the office and open the file on your pc at which point you realize you should have picked up some acrylic or whatever.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, ogre3d, sailfish