Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Agent 770 View Post
Maybe you can rotate the screen 180°, that way lefties can point with with left hand, and right clicking with the full screen button now located on the right bottom?
I use the 180° rotation trick all the time with my N800. The Tear browser uses the menu button to select text or scroll Google Maps, and so I need to have it on the right side.

At least with the N8x0, you don't need to build rotation into the game. Just follow the instructions in the wiki.

(EDIT: as a side note, maybe the menu button would make a good modifier key for this game, too?)

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Qole: That's a thought, but I assumed this game would be plaed with the keyboard stowed, or on the N800 (does it have a menu button).
As for any sort of configuration for the modifier, it's a bit more work, so while I'll look at it in the future, for the first release, I think it's going to be hardcoded (sorry, lefties).

I would just like to report that right click works with a usb mouse connected

overfloat: thanks for mentioning it, but that's to be expected. In this case, the problem is that the touchscreen has no inherent physical method of being right-clicked; the discussion here is about how to implmenet a way of simulating a right-click event with the N8x0 itself.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ New Hampshire, USA
I was able to correct the "fullscreen" problem that I reported earlier, be commenting out the line:
fullscreen = 0;
from the config file:
~/.einstein/einsteinrc
The game itself deleted the commented out line on the next run, so I assume it's safe to delete it manually.

could right click / left click be toggled via an on screen button? I nominate the "options" button for replacement.

BTW The check is in the mail. Thanks for all your work.

Last edited by pokey; 2009-08-22 at 17:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to pokey For This Useful Post:
so how do you currently right click? full screen + tap doesnt work for me

You can't just yet, not without a mouse.

If you don't have a bt mouse or a wired solution, you can slave your phone to it if you have a sony-ericsson or a nokia phone that includes bluetooth remote controll functionality.

Hey folks - update:
I had to take a break this week, due to some minor surgery, but that's over with, and I'll be working on the port again now.
Originally Posted by pokey View Post
I was able to correct the "fullscreen" problem that I reported earlier, be commenting out the line:
fullscreen = 0;
from the config file:
~/.einstein/einsteinrc
The game itself deleted the commented out line on the next run, so I assume it's safe to delete it manually.
Yep, that would fix it. I'll take a look to see why that's causing the crash, although given that the option is essentially useless, and that I'm thus removing it, it's low priority right now.
could right click / left click be toggled via an on screen button? I nominate the "options" button for replacement.
BTW The check is in the mail. Thanks for all your work.
I'll give some thought to that, but I think it might make for awkward gameplay, if you constantly have to toggle a button between clicks. (@cheque: received - thanks!)

School is starting up really soon, so here is what I'm planning to do:
1) fix the few trivial bugs mentioned (e.g. broken fullscreen option)
2) implement a working method of right-clicking (fullscreen button as modifier), so we can test the gameplay and make sure nothing else is wrong
3) consider other suggestions, ask friends, and possibly have a poll, to determine how best to implement right-click for this game. This is where I'll need people's help, to actually play the game, and decide practically what works for most people.
4) implement whatever is decided on.

1 && 2 are priority for right now, so I can ship a playable package, and thus fulfill the original request from Pokey. 3 && 4 will happen as I have time.
Any other questions/comments... just ask

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
You can't just yet, not without a mouse.

If you don't have a bt mouse or a wired solution, you can slave your phone to it if you have a sony-ericsson or a nokia phone that includes bluetooth remote controll functionality.
ah okay thanks, I was confused when jaem said "The right-click ability is currently just a quick hack to see if it works."