Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Scarbrough
I don't know how many of u must be having this problem... but it is seriously bugging me...

it happens very often when ever i am calling someone and i would want the dial a number in between the call the dial pad wont show... the whole screen would be all blurry and no dial pad... then i have no way to go back even if i try to press the top... then i would have to press power button to click end current task and that would end the call...

this thing is really bugging me and some time then i turn it to potrait mode the dial pad goes nutts... i have attached pictures at the bottom....

please help me out in this... i don't know what is the problem....
Attached Images

It might be CSSU related. When I installed the newest update for CSSU and I have incoming call, the phone app (answer screen) does not appear, or it looks similar to your first picture. I did not try and uninstall CSSU to see if it fixes it...

i thought that tooo... cause my potrait mode is affected tooo... if i tilt my n900 while dialing a number or during a call it gets stuck... and stays in landscape mode....
do any one of u have any idea how to report this to Community SSU... i don't want to uninstall it rite away cause CSSU has become a main application for n900 and i want to get it fixed rater uninstalling it....

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
i don't have the CSSU installed on mine but i understand there is a setting for enabling portrait on the whole phone rather then 1 or 2 apps(forgive me if i'm not 100% accurate)

try disable that setting (if it's available to change) so it acts like a non cssu n900 with regards to orientation within apps and on home screens.

hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
If you're having trouble set the CSSU portrait mode to "default", which is like no CSSU regarding orientation. Or, use fixed landscape - that's a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut but you won't get any shearing or missing images, like you've got in those pics.

It happens to me too, I also run the last CSSU. Happened only once when a call came and more often when wanting to dial out. When it happens I can push the power button and click "End current task" After that it works...

The Following User Says Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
If you're having trouble set the CSSU portrait mode to "default", which is like no CSSU regarding orientation...
Where can I set that? Which config file? In CSSU Features there is only "Rotation: Applications - Auto(default) and Forced. Mine is set on Auto(default), but I don't think you are talking about that...

Apologies, really thought there was one. Maybe it's not in the main CSSU menu? OK, try the big button, bottom-middle. Then customise the settings one at a time till you've isolated which (if any) are causing to problem and where the portrait-mode can be toggled from (excluding forced landscape in the status menu).

My problem solved... YESSSSSSSSSSSS
The Speed Patch solved my problem... http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73315

Seriously it has been two days that i have installed the speed patch from the link above just the speed patch no other battery patch or any other... i have my cpu running on 1000Mhz by which i mean i have overclocking and on that i have installed the speed patch and believe me or not but my phone works awsome... no crashing, no jamming, no portrait or landscape mode problems, very responsive...

try it and if it donse't work uninstall it. the link also tells u how to install it and how to check whether it has been sucessfully installed or not....
but seriously this fixed my problem.....

Thanks alot to all of u who tried to help me... Really appericiate it...