Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I have used hours trying to do these and trying to find out how to do these and asked here help but no one was able to help. And now you are giving these instructions.

1. Disabling ciphers you just said about:config. with cip I get no results, with cer I get three. What should I look for there?

2. Removing ciphers you just gave chrome://pippki/content/cerManager.xul

3. You pointed to edit the mozilla location to disable ssl3 and the insecure ciphers. If one does this does it mean the two previous things you gave are not needed?

4. With proxy ip you mean it to put to the https place which is empty in your above screenshot of the proxy settings?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I have used hours trying to do these and trying to find out how to do these and asked here help but no one was able to help. And now you are giving these instructions.
Not reading all posts during a year and I needed it now for me, so I had to recall it from memories and from the web and shared it here in one place. In principle I had the microb saftey task on my todo list and now it was the time.
Do you remember where you asked? You could link it here or post a tutorial over there.

1. Disabling ciphers you just said about:config. with cip I get no results, with cer I get three. What should I look for there?
try ssl3

2. Removing ciphers you just gave chrome://pippki/content/cerManager.xul
Oh a typo thx, but this is for certificates missing "t". certManager.xul

3. You pointed to edit the mozilla location to disable ssl3 and the insecure ciphers. If one does this does it mean the two previous things you gave are not needed?
The certification thing is needed at least has to be checked. This makes no fun.

4. With proxy ip you mean it to put to the https place which is empty in your above screenshot of the proxy settings?
yes, but it will have a global effect not only microb...so use it carefully.

Last edited by Halftux; 2020-03-31 at 17:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
I got in nginx instructions to the step 5. but don't understand how to start or stop or how this works or why I should stop it once I start it.

I copied your script to the end of the .conf file (I'm a 44 years old script kiddie and know how to copy scripts without understanding them) and saved. After that I opened the link to the init.d instructions and my mind almost exploded while I tried to figure out what everything means and works. Could not understand anything, really, not kidding.

And by the way I first tried dpkg -i nginx in the location but there were missing dependencies so I enabled extras-devel repository, updated and tried apt-get -f install and got it installed.

But I haven't now load any module cause no module was found. Do I need to do that and in what point? Almost there to be able to try.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
I changed to the network settings the 127 thing but I lost the connection to internet. I assume this is because I haven't got the nginx working? This is the level I work: doing without knowing, being happy if something is working.

To start nginx you could try this:

Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /opt/nginx
./nginx
To stop nginx you could try this

Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /opt/nginx
./nginx -s quit
If you would like to have a init.d script instead, you need to figure out by yourself. But it is not needed it is only the right way you doing it in an old linux.

I hope for you that you didn't broke your system with apt-get -f install.

So nginx depends on this packages make sure they are installed.
Depending means that they need to be installed before you dpkg 'ing.

Depends: libc6 (>= 2.5.0-1), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.4.0), libpcre3 (>= 4.5), libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.0h), zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1)

For nginx.conf you don't append, you replace the server section.

Give it another try it is really not so hard.

Last edited by Halftux; 2020-04-02 at 15:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Sorry Maemish I am really stressed these days and my words were to harsh.

Thanks for reporting that the tutorial is not prices enough.
I updated it and I hope it is more understandable now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Wow, I had given up this after your post and accepted that giving this detailed info is too much to ask. Only looked now and noticed the change. Well many thanks and please do not concentrate or bother with any of these other topics except Leste. Maemo 5 is riding with a dead horse compared to get Leste working. But many thanks. Gonna try your instructions but not gonna post here any more questions about this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Thanks halftux for your instructions. I got the nginx working. I just had problems understanding exactly what to leave in the conf file so where exactly to put the server script you gave. I put it in the right section but when I ran ./nginx in the /opt/nginx it gave errors on some lines in config file. So I just put the # in front of those lines not really knowing if it will work but it did. Got with micro-b to pages where could not get before. Only thing is that in those pages where I needed to get the javastuff is too much for the micro-b and same goes with Opera. Now I would like to try this with fennec 17 but don't know how to update the certs in it and make it work with right TLS stuff. Downloaded from VladislavOnline the Fennec 17 for cssu-testing.

Now I would like to try this with fennec 17 but don't know how to update the certs in it and make it work with right TLS stuff. Downloaded from VladislavOnline the Fennec 17 for cssu-testing.
Congratz...to get it running.

For fennec 17 I not tested it explicit. But when you are using nginx with fennec you will also have new tls and new chiphers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Thanks halftux for your instructions. I got the nginx working.
It's been a crazy amount of time, but do you happen to remember from where you got the dependencies for this?
Do you have a particular repo enabled or did you find a source for the .Deb packages?