Active Topics

Notices

Hi everybody
so, we have a common goal, that is an abiword-2.x.x-os2008.deb...

I am trying to do the same on my scratchbox. I found that installing gnumeric drastically diminishes the amount of libraries needed to start *trying to compile* abiword. after successful installation of gnumeric, I had to 'fakeroot apt-get install libgsf-1-dev' and now I only ./autogen.sh only complains about package 'wv-1.0', which I don't find and which is causing me a cascade of dependencies.

I am available for setting up a repository with intermediate results on my desktop. I have limited bandwidth, though. if you think this is a good idea, send your debs to mariotomo (chiocciola) inventati (punto) org (actually I already have, I just don't think it is set up the best possible way and I might (re)move it... you find it at http://kruiskruid.demon.nl/~tomo).

if we are to patch abiword, we definitely need a svn/cvs repository! the best way would be, I think, to use a branch on the abiword server, but again, lacking better options, we might use my G3 for this, too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariotomo For This Useful Post:
I'd suggest to use maemo extras-devel repository instead of making your own. I'm using it for all my projects (openssh, evince, efl, tuxtype) and I'm happy with it.

Mariotomo:

I think that wv is available (as a tar) from the abisource file server (www.abisource.com/downloads/wv).

Sorry if you've already tried this -- I'm just trying to be helpful.

Thanks, K.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Erfurt, Germany
Originally Posted by mariotomo View Post
Hi everybody
so, we have a common goal, that is an abiword-2.x.x-os2008.deb...

I am trying to do the same on my scratchbox. I found that installing gnumeric drastically diminishes the amount of libraries needed to start *trying to compile* abiword. after successful installation of gnumeric, I had to 'fakeroot apt-get install libgsf-1-dev' and now I only ./autogen.sh only complains about package 'wv-1.0', which I don't find and which is causing me a cascade of dependencies.
Hi,

i tried to create packages of abiword myself a few weeks ago (and mostly succeeded, it just was a little unstable), i also created packages for the build-dependencies, including wv, libwmf and fribidi. I just uploaded the packages to my repository (http://people.debian.org/~tschmidt/maemo/chinook/). (The packages are all based on the normal Debian packages from Debian stable and Debian unstable with minor modifications to be able to compile them in scratchbox.)

I hope this can save you some time in creating working Debian packages of abiword.

Regards,
Thomas

Last edited by Chelli; 2008-01-20 at 23:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Owwwww. Ok, I've done it. Thank you to Chelli and Mariotomo both; Chelli's libart package is missing a file needed to compile, though, and Mariotomo's libart has a different name, but with a bit of editing it all worked.

If anyone else is trying to compile, I recommend checking out the 2.6.0 branch rather than the head code; it's been patched already for OS2008:
Code:
svn co http://svn.abisource.com/abiword/branches/ABI-2-6-0-STABLE/ abiword
I used the following flags to configure it:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-hildon --enable-embedded=hildon --enable-printing

Also, don't bother trying to run it inside Scratchbox. I haven't gotten it to launch yet. It runs on the IT, though it seems unstable -- also, the 'menu' key doesn't work.

This is a abiword-2.x.x-os2008.deb Mariotomo wanted... but the massive dependencies mean I think this'll work much better:

You can get just the deb here, though:
http://rickybrent.com/maemo/debs/dis...emo2_armel.deb

It has a lot of dependencies and may not install depending on if some of those conflict, but it installed alright on my empty N800. I kept printing support (it can print to PDF) because the checks to see if it were turned off have a few problems, and the code won't compile because the printing functions are missing. Partially as a result of that, this is one big package.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Works, but only the full screen keyboard is usable. The other doesn't show up, spits this message:

abiword[4275]: GLIB CRITICAL ** Gtk - hildon_gtk_im_context_show: assertion `GTK_IS_IM_CONTEXT (context)' failed

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
This installs on my N800 running OS 2008 with no problems. But the keyboard does not activate when the text area is clicked. The same thing happens under Scite.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Hooray! Thank you very much for doing that work. Unfortunately it still crashes at unpredictable times, I am able to use my brand new bluetooth keyboard on something today. I look forward to more!

THANK YOU! I managed to install it on my already heavily customized N800... I confirm that the menu button does not react and that without a real keyboard it's a bit difficult to use...

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
I'm getting lots of errors while installing abiword

Code:
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libart-2.0-2_2.3.19-1_armel.deb (--unpack):

trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.a', which is also in package libart-2.0

dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)

Unpacking libgnomecanvas2-common (from .../libgnomecanvas2-common_2.14.0-2chinook1_all.deb) ...

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libgnomecanvas2-common_2.14.0-2chinook1_all.deb (--unpack):

trying to overwrite `/usr/share/locale/rw/LC_MESSAGES/libgnomecanvas-2.0.mo', which is also in package libgnomecanvas

Unpacking libgnomecanvas2-0 (from .../libgnomecanvas2-0_2.14.0-2chinook1_armel.deb) ...

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libgnomecanvas2-0_2.14.0-2chinook1_armel.deb (--unpack):

trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libglade/2.0/libcanvas.so', which is also in package libgnomecanvas

Unpacking libgnomeprint2.2-data (from .../libgnomeprint2.2-data_2.12.1-7chinook1_all.deb) ...

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libgnomeprint2.2-data_2.12.1-7chinook1_all.deb (--unpack):

trying to overwrite `/usr/share/locale/rw/LC_MESSAGES/libgnomeprint-2.2.mo', which is also in package libgnomeprint2.2

Unpacking libgnomeprint2.2-0 (from .../libgnomeprint2.2-0_2.12.1-7chinook1_armel.deb) ...

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libgnomeprint2.2-0_2.12.1-7chinook1_armel.deb (--unpack):

trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libgnomeprint-2-2.so.0.1.0', which is also in package libgnomeprint2.2

Selecting previously deselected package libgnomeprintui2.2-common.

Unpacking libgnomeprintui2.2-common (from .../libgnomeprintui2.2-common_2.12.1-4chinook1_all.deb) ...

Selecting previously deselected package libgnomeprintui2.2-0.

Unpacking libgnomeprintui2.2-0 (from .../libgnomeprintui2.2-0_2.12.1-4chinook1_armel.deb) ...

Selecting previously deselected package abiword.

Unpacking abiword (from .../abiword_2.5-cvs20060720-0maemo2_armel.deb) ...

Errors were encountered while processing:

/var/cache/apt/archives/libart-2.0-2_2.3.19-1_armel.deb

/var/cache/apt/archives/libgnomecanvas2-common_2.14.0-2chinook1_all.deb

/var/cache/apt/archives/libgnomecanvas2-0_2.14.0-2chinook1_armel.deb

/var/cache/apt/archives/libgnomeprint2.2-data_2.12.1-7chinook1_all.deb

/var/cache/apt/archives/libgnomeprint2.2-0_2.12.1-7chinook1_armel.deb

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)