Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
lol that was funny.

The Following User Says Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
The first smartphone I had, and which I started developing on was Windows Mobile, after that I got my first Maemo tablet, the N800, then I moved to Android (LG Optimus One), then Symbian (Sony U5 HD) and now I am the proud owner of 2 X N900 devices.

With all my experience in phones (the list was a very general list of what I owned and worked on) iOS is made for people who don't want to complicate their lives with understanding the phone, with understanding and fixing problems, they just want games, and internet browsing without a flaw.

Now let me make you a TOP with the mobile OS and why I put them there:

1.Maemo - I think this is the best OS that i've been working with. Intuitive, easy to understand, easy to learn to develop apps for it, easy to fix, and much more. Basicly a Linux PC in your pocket.

2.Windows Mobile 6.1-6.5 - I give this OS the second place because it's steady as a rock, powerfull applications for business, simple and intuitive interface, easy to operate but not so easy to fix.

3.Android OS - Android is quite a good OS but every f**king company ruined it with useless customizations locking a power user out of the system. Android is more of a multimedia OS, just for browsing the web, playing games (some very ******ed) and that's about it. I haven't seen a good business app on android since... android. I think the developers saw what people want, and instead make a powerfull os (only powerfull android is made by cyanogen, but the devices compatible are limited) they make ******ed games.

4.Symbian S60v5 - The S60v5 is the nokia basic. If you ever had a sybian device, no matter the version, you know how to operate this OS. It is quite a complete os, I just installed a screenshot utility, and 2 games on it, otherwise, it was complete. Good browser, good media player, good file manager, etc. The only problem is, that... applications are extremely limited. And when I say extremely... it really means extremely...

5.iOS - I can't comment here. iOS is a useless software for ******ed lazy people. You have no desktop, you can only play sh*tty games and use it for shitty apps like 9gag (useless since it's powerfull enough to see that page by typing 9gag.com in the browser). iOS power users are few, and iOS users just get that phone because it's shiny, and because if you have an Iphone, then you can say that you are rich.

And that's my top. I haven't tested the BlackBerry, or the Firefox OS (I am really curious how did they make a HTML5 OS...).

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Now let me make you a TOP with the mobile OS and why I put them there:

4. ...If you ever had a sybian device, no matter the version, you know how to operate this...
Damn, this looks interesting! Never had one but this is an instant buy, just where did you get hold of the ones with phone functionallity???
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
in a year meego will outsell Apple and Androidphones...oh, wait...

The Following User Says Thank You to turbovomit For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Damn, this looks interesting! Never had one but this is an instant buy, just where did you get hold of the ones with phone functionallity???
No no no no, that is just wrong... Dammit, my misspells might destroy the world