Hacker & thedead1440: thank you guys, you guys show me some ideas about upcoming devices. I already owned a White Nokia N9, and i love it. Hope Nokia or Jolla team will develop a next Power Nokia Device

The Following User Says Thank You to vbl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by cr0c0 View Post
Why do you care what Nokia will release? And why do you have such a brand loyalty? You do not owe anything to any corporation, and that goes both ways. Pick whatever device best suits your needs when you need it, regardless of the logo on the casing.

I owned phones or PDAs made by Sony, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, HTC and Samsung. I owned laptops made by every single manufacturer out there, including but not limited to IBM, Lenovo, Dell, HP, Apple, Toshiba, Asus, Acer, Sager and Panasonic.

To take it further, I owned cars made by Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, WV, and Ford, and I owned motorcycles made by Yamaha and Suzuki.

Don't be a brand slave.
We care about Nokia because of their masterpieces of the past (distant and recent).

ie: the 7110, 7650, 6600, N91, N93, E90, N95, N810, N900, N8, N9, 808PV and many more gems. Both tech gadgets and proper phones. Awesome call and reception quality, great cameras and audio output.

Nokia produced some great hw with "character" and some fantastic sw (S90, S^3, Maemo 5, Meego H. 1,2)

we love this company and hope it will get back on its feet.

ps: The beta-test has to stop my dear Nokia. Get your **** together and amaze us once again. Like you did in fall 2006 and in June of 2011.

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2013-03-13 at 09:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
Back to topic

Still in rumour mill....and definitely still on Windows Phone, Lumia 928 for Verizon next month, an enhanced hardware and facelift version of Lumia 920
Don't know whether this is EOS or Catwalk

Instead of making the N9, Nokia should've simply sold the Samsung Galaxy S (2010) phone.

They could've saved a lot of time and money not doing the hardware.
They should've just focused on the software.

In fact, if the MeeGo (not Harmattan/Maemo6) was completed and shipping by Dec 2010... Nokia would've become a high profit company.

Android and iOS really took off with the SGS and iPhone 4.
A decent competitor then would've created a healthy third wheel.

In fact, if WP8 was released initially (WP7 were beta tests) it would've gained a lot more traction, especially on devices like the HD7 and Arrive.

I'm flattered

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Moved to Competitors!

This website officially jumped ship and so did all developers for our beloved devices. Although Nokia Flagships will be $soft, we might see no more Nokia in about two years apart of carrier supplies.

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
@HELLASISGREECE:
Look, the major part of the guys you are talking about who made all of these fantastic devices was booted from Nokia and are now Jolla.
Nokia went insane, you know that! Or to be more correct, their execs went insane and sunk the company when they had the biggest opportunity EVER with MeeGo and the N9 being praised to the skies from both the press and customers.
Its the worst numbskull move I have ever heard about.
Are you loyal to THEM? Maan.

let the man keep his choices. He is not trying to convince you otherwise.
I love my Nokia.

Originally Posted by vbl View Post
anyone know about Nokia upcoming devices. Im interest to purchase another Nokia Power device. Im a Nokia's Fan since i was a child
So far it looks like Catwalk is the thin, aluminium Lumia that will be released somewhere in summer.
EOS is the flagship high megapixel smartphone that will likely be out with the next big Windows Phone update somewhere around Nokia World (~September).
I'm looking at getting Catwalk to replace my Lumia 920, if we will see the phone in the next couple of months.

Originally Posted by efion View Post
Back to topic

Still in rumour mill....and definitely still on Windows Phone, Lumia 928 for Verizon next month, an enhanced hardware and facelift version of Lumia 920
Don't know whether this is EOS or Catwalk
Lumia 928 is a separate device that has already passed FCC. It carries Verizon bands. It looks to be Verizon's Lumia 920 variant that possibly will introduce Nokia's new aluminium design language.

Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
@HELLASISGREECE:
Look, the major part of the guys you are talking about who made all of these fantastic devices was booted from Nokia and are now Jolla.
Nokia went insane, you know that! Or to be more correct, their execs went insane and sunk the company when they had the biggest opportunity EVER with MeeGo and the N9 being praised to the skies from both the press and customers.
Its the worst numbskull move I have ever heard about.
Are you loyal to THEM? Maan.

Really, very little from Nokia went to Jolla. Nokia today has 97 000 people (was 115 000). Jolla has around 40 people that where mostly working on software on Maemo/MeeGo.
Though the Jolla guys certainly have been working on MeeGo and Maemo looking a the delays we have already seen. Hopefully they get their **** together and we see half ok hardware this year.

Last edited by tissot; 2013-03-13 at 13:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Im sorry for going a bit off topic, but if u guys remember back in feb 11 announcement. Elop was talking about the 3 pillars. the next billion, ecosystem, and future distruptions. What exactly is the future distruptions. They have killed almost all future OS's within Nokia. They said that they would be releasing 1 meego phone per year and meego was the way forward in the long term. what happened to that?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by nonikhanna View Post
They said that they would be releasing 1 meego phone per year and meego was the way forward in the long term. what happened to that?
Elop was asked what would happen to the MeeGo phone on 11/02 and he replied one handset would be released by the end of that year. Nobody remembers mentions of one handset per year so probably you are missing out something

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-03-13 at 13:27. Reason: s//happen/