Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I get battery draining once in a while (once in couple of weeks) and then just reboot. Haven't pinpointed it to anything specific either.

Had been very busy with other issues during the last few weeks, so couldn't even start testing aarch64/aosp10 port properly. Let's hope that it will improve.

Re TG - no, I don't have account there. IRC/Matrix SFOS channels can be used, but hard to say much regarding this issue.
I noticed some tumbleweeds in Tama Github, but figured as much - you have a lot going...

I get battery draining once in a while (once in couple of weeks) and then just reboot. Haven't pinpointed it to anything specific either.

Had been very busy with other issues during the last few weeks, so couldn't even start testing aarch64/aosp10 port properly. Let's hope that it will improve.

Re TG - no, I don't have account there. IRC/Matrix SFOS channels can be used, but hard to say much regarding this issue.
I have similar problems from time to time. Often it is related to some Android service "sdcard". Rebooting helps me as well

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
This is to announce the first release based on AOSP10 and using aarch64 for Sony Xperia Tama platform.

Release is based on 4.1.0.24 Sailfish and is using the latest AOSP10 as a base. I consider it alpha right now due to limited testing. Most of the testing was done on development device while fixing the port bugs. Now it is installed on my daily driver and I will be able to test it further.

This release has changed the base and switched to aarch64. As a result, you have to reflash it. In documentation, I wrote down the instructions for those who switch from AOSP9 based port.

The port was started in the end of February, including the development of TBuilder to automate the builds. There are still some rough corners, see issues labeled with hybris-10 tag in the issue tracker. While it is not using OBS, future OTA are supported (see documentation for details).

Compared to AOSP9, I couldn't make hardware acceleration work on Flatpak apps. So, right now, Flatpak support is not there. Not sure whether I can make it work.

I would like to invite others to test the release. For XZ3 device owners - please check whether your phone calls work as expected. I have reverted some changes introduced in AOSP10 to cancel echo during the phone calls (issue 125) and it worked fine on XZ2 and XZ2c. So, please pay attention and test it by calling others, check whether microphone levels are OK and whether there is any echo in the call. Please report back your findings.

I plan to maintain only one base. If AOSP10 will work fine, it will be used as a base for the port.

Release available at: https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-t...-aosp10-alpha1

See release notes and read the documentation before flashing.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Nice - thanks ... Been busy lately, but just read your post and going to flash today/tomorrow and report...

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
So far, so good... Haven't come across any problems. Camera's not much improved, but whatever ...

Anyway, wonder if you can help with this - trying to install a dev package, and getting error

Code:
Fatal error: File './droid-hal-akari-devel-
0.0.6-202106251954.aarch64.rpm' not found o
n medium 'https://sailfishos-sony-tama.s3-w
ebsite.pl-waw.scw.cloud/SailfishOS-4.1.0.24
-aarch64
Any help? Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
So far, so good... Haven't come across any problems. Camera's not much improved, but whatever ...

Anyway, wonder if you can help with this - trying to install a dev package, and getting error

Code:
Fatal error: File './droid-hal-akari-devel-
0.0.6-202106251954.aarch64.rpm' not found o
n medium 'https://sailfishos-sony-tama.s3-w
ebsite.pl-waw.scw.cloud/SailfishOS-4.1.0.24
-aarch64
Any help? Thanks
Sure, try to make `zypper ref`

Regarding camera, see observations at https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-tama/main/issues/153 . In short, it looks to be stable (doesn't crash), focus is better in Advanced Camera. I also haven't seen this super ghosting that we had in AOSP9 videos.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
New release is out based on AOSP10/aarch64. After testing and discussion on SFO, I am switching the port to AOSP10/aarch64 base and will continue releases on that base from now on.

While it is inconvenient to reflash the device and set it up again, I think a better camera does justify it. On my side, it will be just too much work to support multiple bases / ports, so I had to make a choice.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I know it's OT, but jist wondering if you or anyone has any idea about this - https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=380

New release is out based on AOSP10/aarch64. After testing and discussion on SFO, I am switching the port to AOSP10/aarch64 base and will continue releases on that base from now on.

While it is inconvenient to reflash the device and set it up again, I think a better camera does justify it. On my side, it will be just too much work to support multiple bases / ports, so I had to make a choice.
I read something on xda about oemv6 support wwith latest AOSP roms for XZ2c. Seems like it brings camera improvements ...

I'm so close to buying an xz2c because of this, but if I want to copy dalvik files for android support, do I need to also buy a (tall)supported phone in addition to the licence, just to get the files?

Haven't used sailfish since my Xperia X died two years ago, as I am dependent on a few select android apps in my daily life.

Last edited by hagiz; 2021-08-21 at 22:31.