Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
anyone got other half ambience working? I got 'this other half already in use' reset factory setting nil help

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
anyone got other half ambience working? I got 'this other half already in use' reset factory setting nil help
It works for me... I only have the white one. In fact, I discovered that the white other half downloaded a tenth ambience when i switched tohd.service back on. So, I'm assuming that yours is running too, right? If not, you may want to stop and start it and see what happens.

Make sure that you can access the Jolla store too. Read: make sure that you have your Jolla account set up and all that.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
It works for me... I only have the white one. In fact, I discovered that the white other half downloaded a tenth ambience when i switched tohd.service back on. So, I'm assuming that yours is running too, right? If not, you may want to stop and start it and see what happens.

Make sure that you can access the Jolla store too. Read: make sure that you have your Jolla account set up and all that.
I have tried that, it keep saying 'Jolla store problem: this other half already in use', I no problem with jolla account and I am able to download and install apps.

The problem I think is that Jolla device is not own by me originally, I get from ebay, and that user already downloaded the ambience with his Jolla account, so I used by own account and can't able to download? and give me that warning message?

Just I guess, no any confirmation..

The problem I think is that Jolla device is not own by me originally, I get from ebay, and that user already downloaded the ambience with his Jolla account, so I used by own account and can't able to download? and give me that warning message?
Sadly, you may be right. I wonder what Jolla has to say about these cases, it is similar to second hand games which have a feature that only works for the first owner. On the other hand, it isn't too crazy for the first owner to be able to release their ambience so that you can get it again.

Luckily, we are talking about an image here and not expensive content.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Sadly, you may be right. I wonder what Jolla has to say about these cases, it is similar to second hand games which have a feature that only works for the first owner. On the other hand, it isn't too crazy for the first owner to be able to release their ambience so that you can get it again.

Luckily, we are talking about an image here and not expensive content.
I just guess by the warning message...I think mostly is correct.
Maybe I tried ask that user see whether he can give me his Jolla account to me or not...LOL

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Anyway to play .MKV files on jolla?

Can't get it to work. What formats can jolla handle if I have to convert. Jolla should implement a converter in their next jPhone ll if the can't play it.
Would you happen to know that codec is used inside the .mkv you've tried to play? I've been able to play .mkv's with H264 and AAC audio just fine with 'Gallery.'

If I'm not entirely mistaken, codec support is controlled by Gstreamer (please correct me if I'm wrong about that). From what I can see gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg-0.10.13-10.1.2.jolla.armv7hl is what's installed on the Jolla, so it ought to support any codecs supported by FFmpeg. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFmpeg#Codecs

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I had some videos converted for my N9 as per settings stated below. These videos play on Jolla but there is no audio. What settings would you suggest to convert videos optimized for playback on Jolla?

Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
Just converted some videos to "x264 baseline profile and 6 channel ac3 audio" and they work fine on N9. Just I found command line ffmpeg to difficult to use and used WinFF user interface: http://winff.org/html_new/downloads.html where I added custom preset as follows:

Preset Name: NokiaN9
Preset Label: Nokia N9
Preset command line parameters: $ -s 854x480 -r 25 -g 25 -vcodec libx264 -vb 1536k -vprofile baseline -acodec ac3 -ab 192k -ac 6
Output file extension: mp4

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
I indeed switch to airplane mode when flying. I guess that's better than switching on the device mid-flight (or worse: when landing..) with all radios blazing.
Current regulations are in many cases that you must switch off during take-off and landing. You may use phone during flight with flight-mode (which implies you have it enabled before switching off). This is however changing, already some airlines in US don'r require switching off and also EU is changing regulations.

I just guess by the warning message...I think mostly is correct.
Maybe I tried ask that user see whether he can give me his Jolla account to me or not...LOL
tried pkcon install ambience-snow-white ambience-the-first-half, nil package found..

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
I had some videos converted for my N9 as per settings stated below. These videos play on Jolla but there is no audio. What settings would you suggest to convert videos optimized for playback on Jolla?
Well there doesn't seem to be ac3 decoder on Jolla, so ac3 audio is out. MKV (matroska) files play, but aren't seekable.
So I guess the best modern file format would be mp4, video h.264, audio aac. Screen resolution is 960x540, so no need for higher resolution than that.

If using ffmpeg like in your example, something like this should work. (just tested these and seemed to work)
-s 960x540 -vcodec libx264 -crf 26.0 -acodec libvo_aacenc -b:a 128k -ac 2

[edit] But for some reason the device/gallery won't even see the file I tried to make... Need to investigate.
[edit2] Tracker seemed to be bit lazy and didn't notice the new file until tracker restart.

Last edited by DeeGee; 2014-01-02 at 06:31. Reason: updated settings

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeeGee For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience