Posts: 255 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ United Kingdom
On a different note, it now looks like Amazon.co.uk has stopped selling the N800. It still has a page for the N800 but says it's acting as an agent for Photoland UK.

In other weird Amazon.co.uk news, the price of the 770 + Nav Kit has gone back up to £139.99, after being £129.99 for a few weeks. Bizarre.

It looks like Amazon.co.uk isn't retailing the N810. Then again, few places in the UK appear to be doing so right now.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Perth, Australia
The only official retailer for the N800 in Australia has put their price up as well. Only by a few dollars, but still double the equivalent US price. I wonder what's going on?

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Looks like Play has just upped the price again. Its now at £279.99!

I have one on pre-order at £149.99 so I hope they honor it.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

I hope so for you... if they do honour it, I will be sad that I didn't pre-order it - I held off doing so until they had stock thinking there might be other deals coming along. I've noticed that ebay prices have settled on about 150 for mint/BNIB items, so perhaps the price will rise on ebay too . I wonder if the N800 has been selling so well slightly discounted that the intended dumping of stock by Nokia (as happened with 770) hasn't happened? Or, that the 810 is going to be late for mass shipment.

WTF? I have no idea what's going on with Nokia's prices in the UK. They must be the only gadgets in the history of the world to increase in price.

I have three theories. First, the new price is a glitch. Secondly, the £150 price was a glitch, although it lasted for around a month and was mentioned on many websites; Play.com must have taken hundreds of orders. Thirdly, Play.com only had limited stock at £150 and they've all gone, so now we're back to the original price. That sounds a little weak.

I've not had a word from Play.com about any of this since I played my order early in October.

If you're wondering what the law says if Play.com had made a mistake with the £150 price... No, we can't force them to sell at that price. If they'd taken our money then we'd have a contract with them, but no money has changed hands yet.

Has anyone contacted them and got a reply about the price change and what it means for pre-orders?

Has anyone contacted them and got a reply about the price change and what it means for pre-orders?
They're one of those companies that tries to avoid having people contact them I couldn't find an email contact section but I didn't look hard.

My view is that the N800 either arrives later this month, or it doesn't. They won't take more than the £150 I agreed to pay for it and I'm not sure what can be achieved by hassling them.

It should be said that I won't pay more than £150 for an N800 because I just don't think it's worth it. Also, I don't like spending so much money on something as easily steal-able

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Near Oxford, UK
I just logged in to my Play.com account and whilst the N800 shows at £280 listed in the public section, in my account, in the order it's still listed as £150... so fingers crossed...
... Despite I'm very tired of waiting and might actually pop out and buy one any second... Waiting sucks!

Mine still shows £149.99 also. Hopefully the answer is that they sold their allocated stock at the reduced price and any further orders will be at the 'normal' price. Thats what I'm counting on anyway.

The price is back down to £149.99 now. Buying a Nokia tablet in the UK is much more like a roller-coaster ride than it should be