just got the shipping soon update
the good new is I ordered October 5th

This is great. Just keep posting those order dates when you get some indication that your order is beginning to move. That way we can anticipate how things are progressing toward our own order date's turn.

Another Shipping soon. I ordered on Oct. 5th and I am being charged the $529 price. No emails, tracking, or estimated date yet.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by NSchuyler View Post
Fml..... I ordered Oct. 7th then had to cancel and reorder according to the rep to get the 529.99 and rebate. Ugh so Now since Amazon appears to be doing a little better with the preorder order I'm at the end of the line.

My most recent order was Nov 20th with one day shipping
I got the same response from a sales guy (cancel and reorder), but I just emailed them straight back and complained for exactly this reason (that it would delay shipment). I got an immediate response apologising and immediately adjusting the price to 529, and my order date (Oct 19) still intact.

If I were you I would write an email and request to be put back in the queue on the basis of your original date ... couldn't do any harm.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
=_= i'm waiting in pain.. for my N900

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Amazon probably doesn't know about the incompatibility. I wonder when I will get mine considering I only preordered on 11/20. Oh well.
Never...you and I are doomed to never get our device--well at least for the next hundred years or so.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Anyone else find it odd when searching through Bing cashback stores Dell.com isn't listed alphabetically?

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Hey guys just passing the info from Amazon along. I emailed them today and I got this response that raising up my hope

"Hello,

From your e-mail, I understand that you are concerned regarding the delivery of the "Nokia N900 Unlocked Phone" in the order #104-9641563-9672226.

I've checked the current availability of the item on our website and found that it is listed as "This item has not yet been released". We rely on our suppliers for release date information.

However, we received information from our sources that the stock of this item is on the way to our fulfillment centers and it we'll be shipped soon.

I'll not be able to give you the exact delivery date of this item, however, I can assure you that you'll see your order soon and it will be delivered before Christmas.

As soon as we receive the stock of the item, we'll be able to ship it to you. We'll also send you an e-mail when your order is shipped. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items until they enter the shipping process, so you will not be charged for this item until it is available and we have shipped it to you."

I heard ONLY those that pre-ordered in the month of Sept and 1st week of Oct get the SHIPPING SOON status.

may be they will get shipped a few days before the pre-order made after that day.

Tags
psychotics unite, this thread is h a w t