Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Can anyone tell why or what the proper settings are for the current weather to display on the first icon? I have it set to update once an hour and time for current weather to one hour as well and all that is displayed in "NA". Any ideas?

I have the same settings and have the current weather displayed properly. However at some time during the day it shows NA. I guess it is because there is no data on the server for this location and time.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Austin, TX
A couple of things to try:

First, try setting the time that the data is valid larger than the update frequency. That way if for some reason it can't update exactly on time it will continue to show the last data until it can update. I have the update frequency set to 30 minutes on mine, but if for some reason it can't get new data the old data is good for up to 2 hours.

Second, make sure the system clock is set correctly. When the weather is downloaded it also gets the current time from the server. Say for example the time downloaded is 2:00pm and you have it set up so the data is valid for 30 min, but your system clock says it's 3:00pm, then it will think the data is expired almost as soon as it's downloaded. Somehow the time on mine got messed up and it took me forever to figure out that this was the reason my weather always showed N/A.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Can anyone tell why or what the proper settings are for the current weather to display on the first icon? I have it set to update once an hour and time for current weather to one hour as well and all that is displayed in "NA". Any ideas?
Do you have correct time and timezone in your device?
See FAQ:
http://omweather.garage.maemo.org/faq.html

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Detroit
Hi everyone, I apologize for changing the topic on this post. I figure that it's old and so it's probably resolved now, and I don't want to start a new topic for a relatively small question. And I figured this thread already had the appropriate title.

I already asked this before, in the "Show Off Your Screenshot" thread, I hope it's alright to ask again in a thread dedicated to OMWeather.

I am just simply wondering if it is possible to independently set the number of icons/days to show on the main app, and the number of days in the detail view when you click on an icon?

I think showing just one icon on the main view looks good on my screen and fits with my theme, but it would be very handy to then be able to click on that icon and show as many days as I would like and not just one day.

Does anybody understand what I'm asking, and more importantly, does anybody think this would be a good idea, if it isn't a current feature, to possibly be added to an update?

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Kade
Attached Images

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Rather than letting us just select 1 through 7 days of forecast, the developer gives us more flexibility by allowing us to choose also the size of the icons. After choosing a size that I can easily view, I happen to see 6 days of forecast.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Detroit
I'm not sure if your post is in reply to mine or not, but if it is, I guess I was right in thinking that I didn't make myself clear. I have a tendency to do that.

I know that we can choose both number of icons/days and icon size. And really, it's awesome, it's something that I wouldn't have thought of, and that's cool. But I'm just wondering if we could somehow choose the number of "icons" and the number of "days" INDEPENDENTLY of one another. So I can show just one icon (or however many you choose) but then get to see five days (or whatever) in the detailed view.

I'm pretty sure it's not a current feature, but I'm wondering if there might be a possibility that more than just myself think it's a good idea, and it might get implemented.

Well, thanks to anyone else that reads this and has anything to say.

Kade

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I would like to see this feature as well. On the home screen for me, I really only need to see current and a couple of days. But I increase the number of days so that I can get a full forecast for whenever I need it.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
I agree.
This is the good idea.
If you can create a feature request in the site of project
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/omweather/

Vlad.