Last week while browsing the old maemo websites I noticed that garage.maemo.org stopped responding. Any chance it could be brought back to life or is archive.org my only hope?

cheers

-l

Nevermind, is back online. Thanks.

-l

Is back online but new user registration doesn't seem to be working. I haven't received any confirmation emails. Initially I was under the impression that the user here at talk.maemo.org would be the same user used elsewhere in the maemo.org websites, but I read on an older thread that user sync was not operational and required manual intervention from the sites operators.

-l

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
The maemo.org infra is old and in low maintenance mode.
I doubt you can setup a working account for garage now. I also doubt garage will stay up, it seems to fall over after a few weeks.

It a bit complex to explain the full situation with accounts, people that have been around for a long time will understand this better.

talk.maemo.org is separate from most of the other stuff, this historically goes back to it being internet-tablet-talk aka (ITT).

What information do you want from garage?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

hi sixwheeledbeast,

my goal is to find as many maemo resources that are still online. Some of the projects homepages are long gone and there are no archived copies but many of those have a garage page. That is for example where I found the bluetooth applet deb file for my n770.

I was not expecting to have a working garage account to host anything but I believe that user profile is what is used by the maemo website outside of talk.maemo.org

Think of it as a historical archiving project.

-l

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
maemo.org appears to be down although talk.maemo.org works. This is the second day I’ve noticed this. I’m not on here frequently.

yes, sadly both maemo.org and garage.maemo.org are down and most likely will remain like that for now. As it has been explained to me these websites depend on older cms technology that is unlikely to get upgraded and is also probably not worth the time and effort to change that.

The website is fully archived in archive.org for anyone to use.

We have to be thankful to the folks that have kept the project websites, repositories and forums online and operation all these years. That alone is one of the greatest contributions of all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nmdv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
both sites are up again

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
That is quite a nice surprise! thanks to the maemo.org infra team that made it happen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nmdv For This Useful Post:
garage.maemo.org seems have some interesting old stuff:
USB OTG-sh-script (is this for what meamo-devices?):
https://garage.maemo.org/snippet/dow...e=snippet&id=2

how to make plain X11 program to work with Maemo:
https://garage.maemo.org/snippet/dow...e=snippet&id=3
with virtual keyboard:
https://garage.maemo.org/snippet/dow...e=snippet&id=4
and read it as plain ASCII to X11:
https://garage.maemo.org/snippet/dow...e=snippet&id=5