Notices

This is my idea: One Thread with all the available OS08 game's links (Ready-to-download) on them. No Work-in-progress, and NO COMMENTS please, only post if you're submitting a game.

You have any idea how annoying it is to find a game u want, go to the first page of the longggg thread just to find that there isn't an updated version of the game on it, or no instructions required to install it? and then you have to dig through 2000 pages of people commenting about how it either doesn't work or how they love it without explaining how they got it to work?

if the game you post has been updated, then EDIT YOUR POST. No new posts, no comments, please. i mean, yeah, you can comment with your post on the bottom, but the main part of each post should have a link to the game, and any required instructions (not too long please, and make it fit in one post.)

no double posting the same game

I think this is the wrong place for the sort of static list you want. Forums are for discussions; wouldn't the wiki be more appropriate?

then is there an organized page STRICTLY for game releases that are already compiled, and are updated routinely?

No, but you can make one and maintain it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
16 pages isn't actually hard to go through.

I've been through the game forum 4 times in total. Before, I've been through 80 pages at another forum full of W810 patches.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
use the wiki, DUH

I think it's a good idea, anyway.

Yes, I guess the right thing would be to organize a list and pages for games on the wiki, but I don't see how a thread like this would hurt much. Maybe some people would feel more inclined to post a link to and some info on a game in the forums rather than the wiki. (For some strange reason, I've never edited any kind of wiki, for example.)

Maybe because wikis have a bit higher a threshold to get into, they are often not at all as much alive with contribution compared to forum threads... Also, a thread feels "less official" (or how to put it) and therefore less daunting to post info on.

The internettablettalk wiki looks like it could use some love, info and organizing, by the way. Maybe I'll get into editing wikis some day. (Too bad I'm clinically lazy (and even if I wasn't, it is my bedtime now anyway.)) Maybe tomorrow. I don't think it actually is much more complicated than posting on the forums...

Originally Posted by mannakiosk View Post
Maybe because wikis have a bit higher a threshold to get into, they are often not at all as much alive with contribution compared to forum threads... Also, a thread feels "less official" (or how to put it) and therefore less daunting to post info on.
Perhaps you're understanding his proposition differently; it seems to me he's trying to hijack the forum to serve as a more official and less alive with contribution vehicle for conveying an updatable list with only 1 rigidly-defined post for games. Even if you try that, people will post in it (we all have, after all), and there's no way to purify the information by removing those interruptions. But any game developers that think this thread is the way to go are certainly welcome to post here.
I don't think it actually is much more complicated than posting on the forums...
No, not really; different markup, but no more difficult.

If Opposite (or is this a sufficiently formal thread that I should be using his last name?) wishes to make a page in the wiki, and invite game developers to contribute, it's really a trivial undertaking...