Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
hey all havent seen another thread on this so i thought id post. came across the thread about someones faceplate coming off and decided to pop mine off and gid rid of the hideous retro silver look and nokia logo
Attached Images

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Cool ;-)

Maybe Nokia should do something like Xpress-on™ Covers for the N800?

ive never been satified with slip on covers for any kind of device to be honest , besides anytime i want a color change , just pop it off , dip it in some turpentine to strip the paint and choose a color

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
hideous retro silver look
chacun a son goût

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
hey all havent seen another thread on this so i thought id post. came across the thread about someones faceplate coming off and decided to pop mine off and gid rid of the hideous retro silver look and nokia logo
Pretty funky, munky!

Just out of curiousity...how difficult was it to get faceplate off???

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Just out of curiousity...how difficult was it to get faceplate off???
Not very. I have detailed instructions in another thread here for that.

The image was very blurry, but I got the effect. I have already suggested to the tablet program that customization would be popular, especially as a way of distinguishing devices as more sell. I'd like to see some sticker packs (like the ones you can get for PSP, Nintendo DS, et al) but then, painting the faceplate is not a bad option. Hopefully we'll see more third party offerings along these lines.

it was easy , theres just 3 small tabs on the bottom (make sure the stand is open) use a flathead micro screwdriver to carefully push them up then lift.... the paint process i used is as follows.... 1. use a very very fine 1500-2000 grit sand paper and genly scuff all surfaces in a circular motion 2. i used duplicolor brand adhesion promoter spray and let dry 3. next used rustoleum automotive primer i reccomend two good coats 4. two coats of any brand ultra flat black (or any desired color) 5. Krylon or any other brand MATTE finish clear coat 6. let set and dry thoroughly 7. carefully line up top tabs and LIGHTLY push in as you are bringing the bottom end down to snap bottom tabs in...this may take a few trys to line up correctly.. it did for me... but youll know when it is secure

and other questions , feel free to ask

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
You guys ain't seen nothin' yet. More to come...

Tim