Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

@Skry
we respect your opinion. if offer it couple a times
but not after keep posting the same opinion for even after 2 years as karam mentioned
and btw i would agree to install speed/battery patch and won't say that again as i offered my opinion
it's kinda silly to keep arguing about them all the time (as karam said above)

@karam
i wish it's not your last post, hopefully this situation is getting over soon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohammad For This Useful Post:
i think they are judging the old sp and bp
differences between older versions and the newest ones are just enormous . checking the sources will make you think that the def of them
changed 180 degrees

why don't you give a try to sp as for bp if you are satified with your battery life don't try it

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Mohammad View Post
@Skry
we respect your opinion. if offer it couple a times
but not after keep posting the same opinion for even after 2 years as karam mentioned
and btw i would agree to install speed/battery patch and won't say that again as i offered my opinion
it's kinda silly to keep arguing about them all the time (as karam said above)
As an user of this particular forum, I think I have my right to publish my (completely polite and correct) opinion, especially on this matter as there are real reasons to keep away from both patches discussed. So, if my short but very relevant comment and/or opinion about this matter can save even one (potentially even new and easily misled) N900 user from problems he might be facing because of these patches, I'm very much justified to do so. In addition, I did not go into details as all the facts are already discussed earlier so no-one got repeated. I have not repeated myself either, or argued with anyone.

So what was your problem again?

Originally Posted by memorian View Post
i think they are judging the old sp and bp
differences between older versions and the newest ones are just enormous . checking the sources will make you think that the def of them
changed 180 degrees

why don't you give a try to sp as for bp if you are satified with your battery life don't try it
Was this adressed to me? I'll answer anyway..
I have recently tried both. There are better and trouble free ways to get a better performance, a better battery life and a better placebo. Short and simple. I will, however, re-check the sources if that is your suggestion. It is a completely different matter if you want to hear what I have to say about them, or not.

Please note that I'm not here to pick a fight, especially considering the situation karam has and the fact that I still respect his work and commitment regardless of my personal opinions and observations.

Last edited by Skry; 2012-08-01 at 01:07.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Editing /opt/batterypatch/profiles/* doesn't change anything. I need to edit /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/underclock etc Is it normal? or batterypatch doesn't work properly?

Okay, it is normal, i guess.

Last edited by OMOIKANE; 2012-08-09 at 21:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to OMOIKANE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ South Africa
A simple alternative to the Battery patch is to turn off the wireless LAN when not using it. Numerous N900 owners are always trying to find ways of increasing the battery life. Why not try 'WiFi Switcher from: http://my-maemo.com/software/applications.php?fldAuto=1229&faq=32 I have incresaed my battery life to about 3 t0 5 days between charges! Hope this helps someone.....

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Hello everybody,
I'm glad that i'm now in jordan,amman

traveled and survived my skin.. thank god

now let's head to business, i don't have lost my N900 recently and won't be able to continue developing on it

therefor, i want to make sure if batterypatch is not having problems with KP51, and doesn't require any further editing

please, if anyone has a batterypatch installed , can he/she give a short report ...

thanks

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Glad you escaped alive.
Welcome back.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Welcome back buddy. Glad to hear you're well

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by karam View Post
Hello everybody,
I'm glad that i'm now in jordan,amman

traveled and survived my skin.. thank god

now let's head to business, i don't have lost my N900 recently and won't be able to continue developing on it

therefor, i want to make sure if batterypatch is not having problems with KP51, and doesn't require any further editing

please, if anyone has a batterypatch installed , can he/she give a short report ...

thanks
welcome back karam. happy to see you back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Great news, Karam, great news, glad you are OK and safe.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uros For This Useful Post:

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe