Active Topics

Notices

The only missing bit now is python2.5-terra version 0.1.8 or higher. So, we all are holding our breath, I guess

Last edited by svu; 2008-09-25 at 21:35.

Originally Posted by etrunko View Post
Indeed... But it was not supposed to be there. The dependencies in that canola package are wrong. We will upload a new version with everything fixed...

Why don't you go to sleep meanwhile??
Good idea. Canola was great when it started to support OGG. I was just starting to enjoy Canola+OGG when Diablo came out and broke everything.... so I can't wait for Canola2 b10 to come out, even though I have discovered new found respect for YouAmp ( http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/youamp/ ) in the mean time.

About the ogg issue, we're working to provide the final solution for it... We didn't have time to do it by the time we released the beta9 for diablo. That was a big mistake... I really apologize for that folks.

Thank you! I'm a late comer to the maemo scene and was shocked when I visted this forum and saw how demanding, rude and unappreciative users of your FREE Canola product are. Keep up the great work and thank you for your contributions to the community!

ps- now we only need python2.5-terra to be uploaded

The Following User Says Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post:
It seems like ogg-support-lightmediascanner 0.8 is installable now! Is this connected to Canola2 beta10 version? It was yesterday like 3 kb loadsize in AppManager and now it's 35 kb size. Or am I just reading it wrong?

Originally Posted by markku View Post
It seems like ogg-support-lightmediascanner 0.8 is installable now! Is this connected to Canola2 beta10 version? It was yesterday like 3 kb loadsize in AppManager and now it's 35 kb size. Or am I just reading it wrong?
You got the point... Ogg support is back to canola.. We're working on the fix for the final issues so beta10 can be finally released.

So... any ETA info for the public?

Originally Posted by svu View Post
So... any ETA info for the public?
I'd like to have the final date, which is not the case. Anyway, we hope to have it released during this week.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to etrunko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by etrunko View Post
I'd like to have the final date, which is not the case. Anyway, we hope to have it released during this week.
I don't think I can thank you enough. If it weren't for Canola, I wouldn't have bought my N800, and would have plumped for an iPod Touch. Now, thanks to you guys, I've discovered the magic of Maemo!

Oh, by the way, what features does Beta10 have in store for us? Or is it a surprise?

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Someone know now where i can get this package

python2.5-terra 0.1.8-maemo1

Tx a lot

Tags
beta10, canola2, installation