Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
ok, lets not go inte to n9 vs Note here

still think my note is more usefull than my n9. But i agree, n9 has better multitasking and application management. But thats not all for me.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
I agree, the Note is awesome incarnate . Cant wait to see ICS.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Note sure if the SGSII has different icons, but on the Note we have a "Task Manager" with a pie chart icon, goes right into TM, I almost want to ditch the Advanced Task Killer, the TM on 2.3.6 seems to do the job pretty well.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Originally Posted by slai View Post
I agree, the Note is awesome incarnate . Cant wait to see ICS.
THIS

Once ICS is on my Note, I will be such a happy camper.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Hm where do you find that icon? My memory might be flawed .

I remember task manager being "long press home key -> press a button called task switcher" which gave a list of running apps (not processes)?

Yeah I agree, note is pretty ****ing sweet. Better yet with ICS .
It was preloaded on the Note. In the apps tray, it looks like a pie chart with the words "task manager" on the bottom. So, after moving that icon to the home page, you can immediately access it after leaving current task. Perhaps it didn't come with the galaxy S2. If so, perhaps it can be downloaded from samsung apps?

@coderedcomputing: Beat me to it!

Last edited by mscion; 2011-12-06 at 16:31.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
ok, lets not go inte to n9 vs Note here

still think my note is more usefull than my n9. But i agree, n9 has better multitasking and application management. But thats not all for me.
I agree. Don't want to bring myself down to that level. But... How about this question. If you own the Galaxy Note, N900 and N9 but could only keep two of the three. Which one would you give up...

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Ah yeah, I had that app on my SGS2 as well, rarely used it though, which might have been a mistake . Always tended to use the hold homebutton->task manager for ending apps.

Id give up the Note, really. I had SGS2, N9 and N900 and gave up the SGS2. But im weird .

However, if I had an N8 atm, and wanted an Android device, Id go for the Note without reservation. Its clearly the top device on the market at the moment.

I am, though, keen on seeing what Nokia/MS will be doing with WP8, also what ICS will be like come summer when Im due for a new device.

Last edited by slai; 2011-12-06 at 17:07.

How is the note taking capabilities of the GNote? Most importantly can the stylus be used to make reasonably precise graphs, doodles, handwritten notes?

I'm in theory really salivating over this device but if taking notes like these isn't really so easy or the product isn't that great then why bother. If anyone had an N8x0 who now has a note I'd be particularly interested in what you have to say about this. Thanks a bunch.

Originally Posted by happymonkey View Post
How is the note taking capabilities of the GNote? Most importantly can the stylus be used to make reasonably precise graphs, doodles, handwritten notes?

I'm in theory really salivating over this device but if taking notes like these isn't really so easy or the product isn't that great then why bother. If anyone had an N8x0 who now has a note I'd be particularly interested in what you have to say about this. Thanks a bunch.
I dont have an 8x0 but I can say its possible to make reasonably clear/detailed notes and illustrations (see http://db.tt/OhkTLkxD) but if you plan to take copious notes on a 1 hour lecture it would reqiire a lot of individual memos using the stock s-memo app as your virtual page is quite small (think physical post-it size). There may well be apps that offer a larger, scrollable writing area but I haven't yet looked on the market.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Last edited by Pigro; 2011-12-07 at 15:00.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hope you don't miss the 10 billion download promo!

10 apps every day for 10 days!

10 cent per app

https://market.android.com/details?i...IyMDQ2NzI2MyJd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, galaxy note