Notices

Originally Posted by tso View Post
got to love that opera zooms in when you tap somewhere that has more then one possible hotspot.
Hadn't noticed that feature, thanks. Though, the only way I can get it to work is to intentionally try to "fat-thumb" tap more than one link at the same time. Even then it doesn't always work. I don't get why one-touch zoom was removed, unless is was just something that was just implemented on all versions regardless of screen size. What normal websites (not mobile sites) are even usable in the default fully zoomed out view on the screen size of the n900 or similar devices? 99% of the time you have to zoom in to even read anything, let alone know what link you are trying to tap. Bring back one-touch zoom or at least allow the option! (Please ).

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
well i for one found it annoying when i was reading pages that would fit in view without zooming (on the N800. remember that opera is available on even the N800 and N810, not just the N900), and that ended up zooming a bit anyways thanks to how opera renders the pages slightly larger then the screen area even with a zoom setting of 100%.

i guess they could have made it a advanced option alongside the opera/maemo keyboard switcher.

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
There seems to be some trouble with the content blocker.

After setting up Fanboy's Adblock every single page is giving me this error:
I'll look into it.

There is also another problem: Even thought I have selected 100% zoom from the settings it gives me <100% zoom every time I open a new page
You can enable the "Mobile view" option in the settings, that will forcibly reformat pages to make them fit without zooming. It's rather heavy handed though.

Another thing you can try is setting "FlexRoot Max Width" to 800 on the opera:config page and restarting the browser. This will make the browser attempt to layout pages 800 pixels wide and there will be no zooming. However, it will not work everywhere because the limit is not enforced, depending on the design a page may still end up wider than 800 pixels.

/ohrn

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
On my n900 opera 11 very slowly load pages.Somone knows why?
Any hellp?

connection problem? Opera turbo activated (if that service is overloaded i guess things could get slow)? Why a net dependent program is slow can have 1001 causes.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Hi

Is there a setting for opera to avoid it going to mobile web pages

Some sites by default go to mobile web pages and i need opera to avoid doing that, please help if someone knows about setting

thanks

Only way i can think of would be to change the user agent string of the browser, but opera mobile do not allow that iirc.

Thanks for reply.Now working wery well

As a longtime Opera user on the desktop (since at least 1997), I am very happy with Opera Mobile 11 for Maemo.

The previous version did not quite work for, but I think this one will become my standard browser on the N900.

I wish we had some keyboard shortcuts, though. That's the feature that's kept me loyal to the desktop version of Opera.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobbH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Thank you guys so mych for the new maemo Opera 11.

It's flawless.

We are waiting for Opera 12!!

Tags
fast browser, opera