Active Topics

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That is also OK, it forks with any openmode kernel, but the important thing to do is to first flash it fully Closed Mode and then flash to Open Mode, without letting the device boot between the flashings.

If you do it that way, your device aegis keys will be created for Open Mode and everything will work much better.
Sometimes I have the same boot problem and now I know why
Do you think the same problem affects also backups? For example restore in open mode from a backup done in closed mode?

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yep, for sure ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

@cthorell, @fejd,

I consulted @rainisto on this and he suspects that the reason for the MTD partitioning being incorrect on your devices might be an upgrade gone wrong.

At some point the MTD partitioning scheme was changed, and when devices were upgraded to next PR level the MTD should have been partitioned accordingly but if there was some problem then the old partition layout could have been preserved on the devices.

It is worth rtying to reflash the device clean back to Closed Mode with --no-preserve flag added on the command line, this should repartition both MTD and EMMC and fix the problem.
I have tried this and I, again, have 8MB partition like the other guys. So even after flashing with --no-preserve !

My phone is RM-696 rev. 1507 (16GB black model)
Can you guys confirm you solved the "small partition" issue and how exactly?

BTW I can tether-boot Sailfish with this command in Linux:
flasher -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_301013 -l -b

Last edited by Zvjer; 2014-01-02 at 21:47.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Sometimes I have the same boot problem and now I know why
Do you think the same problem affects also backups? For example restore in open mode from a backup done in closed mode?
Yes, it will affect that. If you have a backup taken when you have entered Open Mode accidentally or not correctly and you take a backup of that, restoring that backup later will re-introduce the problems...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Zvjer View Post
I have tried this and I, again, have 8MB partition like the other guys. So even after flashing with --no-preserve !

My phone is RM-696 rev. 1507 (16GB black model)
Can you guys confirm you solved the "small partition" issue and how exactly?
If flashing with "--no-preserve" does not cure it, then it is very problematic

Originally Posted by Zvjer View Post
BTW I can tether-boot Sailfish with this command in Linux:
flasher -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_301013 -l -b
Yes, that will work as when you load it up with flasher in startup mode it never needs to be flashed to MTD2, and it will work correctly.

Now what I am thinking, it would be possible to make a tiny-version of ubiboot, with reduced maintanance mode (for example, no ssh, only telnet access) and if I strip it down enough it will fit onto 8M partition...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@juiceme did you tried just starting bme in maintenance mode? it should start charging with bmestat you can try to check it.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@juiceme did you tried just starting bme in maintenance mode? it should start charging with bmestat you can try to check it.
I have tried it, but it does not work like that, it needs a lot of other stuff around unfortunately.

Loading up the BME module is not enough, it needs the DSME server also. However, that is not enough to work, it needs the DBUS framework and some additional crap around to work also...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Now what I am thinking, it would be possible to make a tiny-version of ubiboot, with reduced maintanance mode (for example, no ssh, only telnet access) and if I strip it down enough it will fit onto 8M partition...
Do you have time to try stripping it now? I have tried several images so far, and ended up moslo telling me he is unable to repartition and that I may be in trouble I'll try reflashing again but this time with erase option which takes time, but should be better for the phone.

Which image do you recommend flashing, anyway?

I have Ubiboot-sailfish installed should I flash Ubiboot-02 kernel normally
or I need to delete the current one first ?

Originally Posted by Ta76eem View Post
I have Ubiboot-sailfish installed should I flash Ubiboot-02 kernel normally
or I need to delete the current one first ?
It depends what you want to do? Do you want to update to using the normal (6 bootable-OS version) of ubiboot from your current sailfish-only ubiboot?

In that case, you need not flash the ubiboot kernel, since the kernel is same on both versions. Instead, you need to replace your ubiboot-02.035_SF_v1.cpio with the CPIO file for normal ubiboot, and also edit your ubiboot.conf accordingly.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: