Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Connecting to a Bluetooth phone would seem to be something that Nokia support should be obligated to help with.

What are the ways we can get help from Nokia?

While writing this message, I went ahead and registered my 770 at nokiausa.com. When I finally succeeded (one too many numbers in my serial number for it to accept -- so I deleted one of the leading zeroes; and the page wanted a service provider and mobile phone number, so I gave that, although it's irrelevant to the 770), I got the screen that said you can call Customer Care 8 a.m. to midnight EST at 1-888-665-4228.

Is that the next thing to try? Will anyone there know anything? I wonder . . .

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
orange-

Well, ok, how about it being your data plan per chance? I've got my account setup for VPN service (same price) so maybe that's an issue?

So, what I did was to go here: http://us.t-mobile.mywds.com/configu...d=100000001541 and selected connecting a generic XP laptop to my v3. Then, I opened the connection manager, then from the menu selected "Tools" then "Connectivity Settings". I selected the "Connections" button and picked "T-Mobile Internet", then "Edit".

I clicked "Next", then changed the "Dial-up number" to "*99#" (no quotes of course), then "Next". Click on the "Advanced" button, then the "other" tab. I then entered the following as "Supplementary AT commands":

at+cgdcont=1,"IP",”internet3.voicestream.com”

And then "Finish". Tested it and... wow! it works! (So my problem was simply the settings used - I think I tried everything but *99# and 'internet3').

Hope it helps,

Brad.

brad,
That sounds fantastic! I left mine at home today since I figured it was a lost cause. I'll try it when I get home tonight and report.

I've used those AT commands on my Palm but couldn't see a place for it on the 770. Thanks so much, now I have hope.

I'll let you know for sure later.

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Originally Posted by bradb
orange-

Well, ok, how about it being your data plan per chance? I've got my account setup for VPN service (same price) so maybe that's an issue?

So, what I did was to go here: http://us.t-mobile.mywds.com/configu...d=100000001541 and selected connecting a generic XP laptop to my v3. Then, I opened the connection manager, then from the menu selected "Tools" then "Connectivity Settings". I selected the "Connections" button and picked "T-Mobile Internet", then "Edit".

I clicked "Next", then changed the "Dial-up number" to "*99#" (no quotes of course), then "Next". Click on the "Advanced" button, then the "other" tab. I then entered the following as "Supplementary AT commands":

at+cgdcont=1,"IP",”internet3.voicestream.com”

And then "Finish". Tested it and... wow! it works! (So my problem was simply the settings used - I think I tried everything but *99# and 'internet3').

Hope it helps,

Brad.

To simplify that a bit, I bet the only change that was needed would be to change the Access Point Name field to internet3.voicestream.com from the default for a TMobileUSA connection of internet.voicestream.com. I am personally on the 4.99 tzones plan and have to use wap.voicestream.com for mine.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Originally Posted by gultig
To simplify that a bit, I bet the only change that was needed would be to change the Access Point Name field to internet3.voicestream.com from the default for a TMobileUSA connection of internet.voicestream.com.
Excellent point, and 100% correct. Though I was sure I had tried 'internet3' before (which, is of course, what I get for thinking).

brad- it works like a charm!! I'm in heaven, even with my lousy non-EDGE Nokia 3650 phone. Thanks so much!

brad, time to create a wiki page for it?

Originally Posted by orange-man
brad- it works like a charm!! I'm in heaven, even with my lousy non-EDGE Nokia 3650 phone. Thanks so much!
Congrats! As my old boss always used to say: "It's better lucky than good" :-)

And I'll look at updating the wikki as well.

Brad.

I seem to connect to the phone and net with the wap.voicestream.com change, but It is all too slow - a page does not generate in my attention span. Is there a way to simply view Tzones on the 770?