Active Topics

and we need working fremantle on Neo900. not mer, not Another Brave New OS somebody will fork tomorrow. this thread is not the proper place to talk about "let's move to another OS". this is Fremantle Porting Task Force. feel free to start 'Mer Porting Task Force' if you want it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ketmar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ketmar View Post
and we need working fremantle on Neo900. not mer, not Another Brave New OS somebody will fork tomorrow. this thread is not the proper place to talk about "let's move to another OS". this is Fremantle Porting Task Force. feel free to start 'Mer Porting Task Force' if you want it.
I can't tell if your being serious or trying to troll but the whole point is the user experience and it would be a better user experience in my opinion if it was based on Mer.

the whole point is to run fremantle on Neo900. period.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ketmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I can't tell if your being serious or trying to troll but the whole point is the user experience and it would be a better user experience in my opinion if it was based on Mer.
The point of porting Fremantle is to provide full compatibility and reuse all quirks and hacks for power management etc.

Of course you're free to run Mer on Neo900. It should be pretty easy, especially after Fremantle gets ported.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
The point of porting Fremantle is to provide full compatibility and reuse all quirks and hacks for power management etc.

Of course you're free to run Mer on Neo900. It should be pretty easy, especially after Fremantle gets ported.
I understand that but will we be limited to the 2.6x kernel or would be able to use 3.x. I mean even the N9 was stuck on 2.6 for some reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I understand that but will we be limited to the 2.6x kernel or would be able to use 3.x. I mean even the N9 was stuck on 2.6 for some reason.
There is ongoing effort to get 3.1x kernels working with stock Fremantle, will all stuff from Nokia 2.6 kernel forward-ported. It will take some time of course. Join #maemo-ssu, that's where most of this stuff happens.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
thanks ill take a look

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
is there any expected availability date for the boards? i have a spare n900 i could try stuff on.

The Following User Says Thank You to ashish For This Useful Post:
Sir,
I need to upgrade my nokia n900 into Neo900, because i'm facing the problem with my phone IMEI, so that's why i need this urgently. Please tell me when will i get the Neo 900 board for my N900. I'm from India and ready to install this board on my N900 Nokia phone.
you can mail me on rahulalankar@gmail.com
for any help regarding my phone

The Following User Says Thank You to rahulalankar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
please check the Neo900 thread for all hardware related questions. In short we're not expecting to have first prototypes this year and from prototypes til "mass production" it will take another few months. Please don't answer on this post in this thread, head over to Neo900 thread

Thanks
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
freejamesbrown, freemantle, freemantlegordn, fremantlegordon, neo900, the fptf