Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Here's a quick build of minbar. It's optified, but not Hildonized due to me not knowing anything about Glade. I'm not a religious Muslim, so I can't vouch for its accuracy but it's matching the times on a website.

http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploa....0-1_armel.deb
http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploa....2.1-5_all.deb
http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploa....1-5_armel.deb

It segfaults when exiting the settings dialog , but they appear to get saved anyway. And you can choose a city with some patience... Not the best of "solutions", but until something better appears...

Oh, it also installs its desktop file to /usr/share/applications/; you'll need to move it manually to /usr/share/applications/hildon. It may require other dependencies; apt-get -f install when done. I'll put up the source if needed, but the only thing I did was minor stuff to get it to build under debhelper 5 (it used 7).
Thank you very much, just downed the packages but won't be testing it before tomorrow. Got a huge paper to finish here
Will also ask around about the accuracy as I neither know enough about the calculation methods.

i have downloaded and installed the packages. the program is working as described by qwert. only problem i m facing is the wrong timings of prayers. i tried to put the time zone after selecting the city like +5 etc but still wrong timings. any help will be appreciated.
another problem is azan.mp3. once i have downloaded the azan.mp3 and after selecting it. its not playing. infact the right arrow appears for a moment when try to play it. but it turns back to yellow triangle.

edit: time zone settings are ok now. i dont know what was the problem. but timings fine. just need to fix the azan.mp3

edit: ok every things seems to be sorted out. azan is also selected. another problem. i checked the "start minimized" button. how i m going to unclick it as when ever I am starting the prog. it pops into the air. i can see it running in background in conkey.

Last edited by new_bee; 2010-02-02 at 22:24.

i have tried to uninstall the minbar using dpkg -r. both minbar and data files. and installed it again. still its starting in minimized state. i.e. i can see it running in conkey.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
when i try to install with my application manager on my n900 its says is not compatibel???

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
is there no other app for azan to download easly???

new bee
can you give me the link for this app please. i just want some thing to remind me it time now. it doesnt matter if the time is not accurate.
thanks

Last edited by angur; 2010-03-23 at 11:41. Reason: addressed to some one

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
why not adding the apps to the repos

Hi,
Can someone explain to us how install Minbar on N900? I've read all the previous posts and i didn't really understood.

Thanks!

i need a program for my Nokia phone to play Quran but miny size one

The Following User Says Thank You to nile7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I know that there is a plugin called hebcal for Jewish prayer times on Google calendar, Hebcal is also the name of an older Linux OSS program so even working from nothing hacking the lunar calendar calculations on that should be straightforward.
Prayers and scriptures are available as PDF or save websites and view offline with microb. This should allow easy prayer and scripture reading and navigation if you use a good site scraper.