Notices

Contacts were on the phone, not the SIM card.
The contacts were imported on both the N96 and the N900 from a Nokia suite back up that I keep on my laptop……I would imagine too many for a SIM card anyway.
Should also point out that I used the same method of installing contacts onto an E7 that I use to have until the USB port went T*ts up. However my car also use to display contact names from the E7perfectly.
As said previously, I have just re-flashed my phone with a new image Version 20.2020.36.2.203.1 so all historic data has gone from the phone.
Give me a few more days and I will look into having another go via the SUU testing download.

The Following User Says Thank You to sydeccles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Newsflash: file transfer won't work too when using other Windows than Win 7 x64. I did test using my old Acer BT 1.1 dongle on a WinXP SP3 workstation - same (non-)results... transfers failed in both directions. (discovery & pairing works, as observed under Win 7)

So i'd suggest someone else help out with (more detailed) logs running under (any) Windows.

EDIT: Maybe its better to split the thread into obexd PBAP/IrMC issues and bluetoothd FTP /OPP issues.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-12-17 at 17:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Newsflash: file transfer won't work too when using other Windows than Win 7 x64. I did test using my old Acer BT 1.1 dongle on a WinXP SP3 workstation - same (non-)results... transfers failed in both directions. (discovery & pairing works, as observed under Win 7)
Bad news for you. I tried dongle MSI PC2PC Bluetooth (BT 2.0) on Win Vista with BlueSoleil stack and it works well (also audio).

So i'd suggest someone else help out with (more detailed) logs running under (any) Windows.
It seems that the problem is in BT 1.1 or different windows bluetooth stack.

I'll try to find some BT 1.1 dongle to test it ... but I don't think I can find one here.

Maybe its better to split the thread into obexd PBAP/IrMC issues and bluetoothd FTP /OPP issues.
It'll be nice but I'm lazy in this paper works. I have also several creation of wiki pages in my todo list

EDIT (for don_falcone):
- can you unpair (N900 with win) on both sides, start debugging and log also pairing?
- are you able to test it with stock bluez?
- are you able to test the functionality of win+BT againist bluez-4.99 (or higher version) on some laptop/workstation?
- can you send me more info (as much as possible) about BT on win side? at least what bluez stack

EDIT2:
I have this BT dongle: http://www.msi.com/product/net/BToes...X-Faster-.html - driver with Soleil BT stack is on another tab.

EDIT3: It works also on Win XP (BlueSoleil stack). Now I'm figthing with another stack ...

EDIT4: It works win xp -> N900 ok with Microsoft BT stack. However I had the same problem with N900 -> win xp. I see the same error in syslog which means that win BT side doesn't support COM port over BT (RFCOMM). When I configure "Incoming COM port" for BT on win xp side I'm able to send file also from N900 -> win xp

I'll try also the BT stack you're using (WIDCOMM - under Win XP)

EDIT5: N900 -> win xp with WIDCOMM is working for me. However I don't find a way to try OPP win xp -> N900. obexFTP win xp -> N900 using "send to" function has the problem that it tries put it into root directory for obexFTP where it's forbidden (in stock too)

However merlin1991 has the same problem as you so maybe he can provide me access to some test case.

Last edited by luf; 2012-12-19 at 23:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I will try, but not today. My main Win7 machine has Anycom USB-500 (BT 2.1+EDR) dongle along with Broadcom chipset and BTW/WIDCOMM stack. XP machine has Acer BT500 (BT 1.1) dongle with CSR chipset and MS software stack.

So maybe it's BlueSoleil vs WIDCOMM/MS stack... I'll test with my second, spare Anycom dongle (under XP) and see if i a) can get BlueSoleil, and b) it running with that dongle.

Sorry, i was unable to get BlueSoleil to recognize both my Anycom and my Acer dongle / to enable BT.

Next step: trying BTServer Spy Lite to observe communications under WIDCOMM.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-12-19 at 09:36.

Sorry, file transfer wasn't possible between N900 -> Android (CM10) too.

Originally Posted by sydeccles View Post
Contacts were on the phone, not the SIM card.
The contacts were imported on both the N96 and the N900 from a Nokia suite back up that I keep on my laptop……I would imagine too many for a SIM card anyway.
Should also point out that I used the same method of installing contacts onto an E7 that I use to have until the USB port went T*ts up. However my car also use to display contact names from the E7perfectly.
As said previously, I have just re-flashed my phone with a new image Version 20.2020.36.2.203.1 so all historic data has gone from the phone.
Give me a few more days and I will look into having another go via the SUU testing download.
Happy new year to one and all.
As promised, I had another go with my N900 to see if the remote SIM would work.
I re-flashed the phone, downloaded the CSSU testing and updated etc imported the contacts via blue-tooth from an old N96 onto the N900.yes the built in car display shows the phone numbers, however still no Names.
I will now re-flash the phone (getting good at this bit) once again back to standard, and wait and see if any more updates come along.

Originally Posted by pinochio View Post
After the update back old problem with bluetooth.
Can not open the windows control bluetooth device in win 7, it opens and disappears.
Previously and so was a problem with uploading the files from the computer to the N900 and from N900 to the computer, which was also associated with updating obexd.
It was not possible to upload files from the computer to the N900 and from N900 to a laptop (Win 7 64). From the computer, I could not enter to the phone.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59114&page=41
I reinstalled Broadcom Bluetooth Software on my laptop and now opens a window control-device bluetooth, but still can not be the files transferred to the N900 and from N900 to the computer. Error establishing the connection.

Last edited by pinochio; 2013-01-16 at 22:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to pinochio For This Useful Post:
I just got a new radio with bluetooth hands free. I want to download my address book. I looked at the wiki page and was reviewing the manual installation where it lists the .deb repo here: http://merlin1991.at/~luf/obexd/

I notice a lot of +cssu1* versions of .debs. Does the carkit require CSSU? I'm on PR 1.3.

The Following User Says Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
I notice a lot of +cssu1* versions of .debs. Does the carkit require CSSU? I'm on PR 1.3.
No, it doesn't require CSSU as far as I know. It's just part of cssu because it's system part replacement. So feel free to install it.
If you have some problems you can downgrade back following the wiki instructions.

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile