Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
After updating to Canola Beta 10, I lost utube and flicker plug-in support.
The flickr plugin won't work with this release. We've changed some bits within our infrastructure which demands some modifications in the plugin package. I've asked the plugin owner to take a look at it in the Canola-flickr thread. Let's hope he finds some time to do it.

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by etrunko View Post
If you're brave enough, you can try it now in the extras-devel repository.
Update seemed to go well.

Don't see a lot changed but performance seems to be improved. Two things I noticed though:
1) There seems to be a grumbling/low frequency popping sound that now comes through my speakers when Canola is between songs. During song playback it is fine but when song is done or paused, I hear a grumble that was not there in previous versions. It is not noticeable through the internal N810 speakers but when hooked up to external amplified speakers. **** Sorry ... my bad ... this has nothing to do with Canola as it is there even when Canola is not loaded. It is just the USB charging that I am doing that seems to be causing a lot of line noise. ****

2) In Cover Art 2 row view, I used to be able to scroll through the albums by dragging along the bottom of the screen beside the back button but now that area is dead. I used to do that to avoid accidental selection of an album. Admittedly, after playing with it now, that accidental album selection is much improved so it may not be an issue. I was just wondering if that was intentional.

Last edited by mwiktowy; 2008-10-08 at 18:38. Reason: Correction of problem #1

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by gregorovius View Post
Works fine after running canola-cleanup. Ogg works as well with ogg-support-lightmediascanner from the kulve repo.
Since updating to Diablo, ogg-support-lightmediascanner won't install for me. It is complaining about the wrong version of lightmediascanner lib being available. Any insight on how to get around that?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by etrunko View Post
@Cabadena: maybe you installed the old of the plugin. Wait a few minutes and check for updates in the application manager. The correct version of the plugins follow:

youtube: 0.2.0-maemo1
last.fm: 0.1.2-maemo1
tuning: 0.2.0-maemo1
upnp: 0.1.2-maemo1

I have all the latest plugins. WHen i start canola i only see audio, photos and settings. There is no last fm, youtube, upnp.
what do i do?

i uninstalled canola and reinstalled it yesterday night with the latest verision.

Thanks

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Albuquerque
I am in the identical boat. I think being able to run canola cleanup would solve the problem. However, after it is installed, it does not appear in the extra menus to run. I think the only way to get it working immediately is to reflash (since I don't know how to run cleanup manually).

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
in X Terminal get root
and then run canola from commandline, too. then see if all the plugins have reapeared..

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2008-10-08 at 16:53.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
The new canola beta seems much more responsive (subjective as I reflashed today) and the new youtube plugin is great. Thanks for such a great app.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
in X Terminal get root
and then run canola from commandline, too. then see if all the plugins have reapeared..
here is the output

/home/user # canola
process 3304: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Aborted
/home/user #

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
It seems that for me maybe sliderotate (which I have installed & working fine under the latest diablo) might be interfering with my update. I get the error 'unable to update canola' because application packages are missing: kernel-diablo-flasher, xserver-xomap & pytho2.5-terra. I tried removing all things canola manually to no avail. How exactly does canola-cleanup work? I can't seem to get it to do anything. TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Guys,
I've just notified etrunko about the cleanup, and he's taking a look right now so please wait a little bit, and we will have a newer, working version that you can try. The messier your device is, the better: )

We are finally reaching the release level.(no apparent segfault-crashing-critical bugs) and only minor issues.

BR
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Tags
beta10, canola2, installation