Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Hi,

I had registered for early update and this shows he update, but I am stuck on Optimising screen.. The optimisation just wouldn't complete no matter how may times I try.. I had restarted the machine, switched off android support, but no in vain..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
Hi,

I had registered for early update and this shows he update, but I am stuck on Optimising screen.. The optimisation just wouldn't complete no matter how may times I try.. I had restarted the machine, switched off android support, but no in vain..
Make the phone data empty as possible (copy it to a pc), that made the trick to work for me on earlier updates

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Updated Jolla 1 and after reboot I got first some flickering and later blank screen (like white and dimmed a bit).

I am pretty sure it's bricked

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Make the phone data empty as possible (copy it to a pc), that made the trick to work for me on earlier updates
Thank you HtheB, will try that!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
Updated Jolla 1 and after reboot I got first some flickering and later blank screen (like white and dimmed a bit).

I am pretty sure it's bricked
Have you disabled everything from Patchmanager before upgrading?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
There was an answer/comment on the release notes about Aqua Fish not being able to remove the annoying partner-space app (sailfish-content-partnerspaces-intex-gaana) after updating via command line saying "This request will break your system!".

Since this seems to have magically vanished from TJC without a trace and could be of some use to someone if it's true:
  • someone said the android app part can still be removed via the android app store
  • In my case (I've used coderus' "jolla-c-ify" script before doing anything else after receiving the device), the usual update notification appeared and I was able to update via settings. The gaana app wasn't reinstalled with the update.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Also, guys, the SDK appeared. And it's got a star trek number, yay:
http://releases.sailfishos.org/sdk/installers/1701/

Now I just have to convince my dearest that it's a very good idea for me to spend the evening at the desk.

(Unrelated to previous post, so I did a new one instead of updating.)
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Have you disabled everything from Patchmanager before upgrading?
I'm afraid I didn't.

Late hour + an option in patchmanager to "unappy all patches on upgrade" ticked ... I thought I'm covered so this is solely my mistake.

On the bright side, I'm looking forward to test recovery mode for first time, this device has come a long way since first power on

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
With the Jolla phone?

That's great news, it's really important for Sailfish uphold its reputation for being lighter on resources - Sailfish can't do the Android thing where manufacturers just double the specs each year, because there aren't as many vendors shipping Sailfish devices - realistically most phones running Sailfish have either mid-range specs when new, or they are devices with flagship specs that used to run Android, which take a long time to develop working ports.
Yeah, I don't know whether it's thanks to the new Qt or because they changed some default settings, but everything is much faster now, and so far nothing has been killed by OOM even when browsing heavy web pages with 10 other applications running. It feels brand new, more than three years after launch. Let's hope they keep this up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
I'm afraid I didn't.

Late hour + an option in patchmanager to "unappy all patches on upgrade" ticked ... I thought I'm covered so this is solely my mistake.

On the bright side, I'm looking forward to test recovery mode for first time, this device has come a long way since first power on
Did exactly the same mistake, trusted the "unappy all patches on upgrade" patch, but It didn't work

Update went well anyhow, but now, patch "upcoming events on lockscreen" is ticked and can't be disable and/or uninstalled ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sfos upgrade