Closed Thread
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
@Markkyboy, really silly question; since obviously the camera does have the flashlight option for everybody else it means that your application is somehow messed up. So why not just reinstall jolla-camera, that should fix it?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@juiceme, that was my thought too. The reason why I kept it to myself was because Markkyboy said he noticed it after upgrading the OS. According to release notes, Camera was changed so upgrading the OS would have the effect of upgrading the camera package. (Albeit not a full uninstall and reinstall, as I have just realized.)

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Right, to all following this thread.

Clearly, something has got lost in translation, so I'll try again;

My jolla-camera application: While In Video Mode; No flashlight option for video mode?

@Juiceme - My jolla-camera app is not broken, it works fine, but, once again, I do not have the the FLASHLIGHT option when using video mode, hence my question.

@coderus - YOU STOP!, there is no need for the attitude, calm yourself and if you cannot be civil towards me, then please, don't ever respond to my questions. Be respectful and I'll do the same for you.

@Jordi - thanks man!, finally, someone answered my question!, I'll follow up when I've installed your version. The warning about 'couldn't canonicalise the name' is not important, the RPM should be fine regardless. I believe an entry can be added in to a 'hosts' file somewhere in the system, this prevents that warning from displaying. There are no adverse effects with the warning that I know of.

Thanks all

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
Here you go, hope it helps.

but I had a warning during the process (warning: Could not canonicalize hostname: Sailfish). No idea what that means.
Thanks Jordi, for your time and effort, sadly though (lol) it made no difference!, I still do not have the option to use the light when in video mode.

Thanks anyway!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
If your camera doesn't do what it's supposed to do, you must have a very weird definition of 'broken' to not call your camera broken. Though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the result of messing with system files manually or through patches.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Lol, broken implies something that isn't working at all. My car will not start, something is broken, but what?, ultimately, the car will not start!,....... unlike my camera app which does start, it takes pics, it shoots video and does all of it quite well for a cheap nasty handset, but there is no option to have the LED on while shooting a video, I do not call a missing option, 'broken', I call it what it is, 'a missing option'. If you call that broken, then fine, to you it;s broken, either way, your comments are of no help to me, thanks all the same.

I do agree with your final words about messing with system file and patches.

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Lol, broken implies something that isn't working at all. My car will not start, something is broken, but what?, ultimately, the car will not start!,....... unlike my camera app which does start, it takes pics, it shoots video and does all of it quite well for a cheap nasty handset, but there is no option to have the LED on while shooting a video, I do not call a missing option, 'broken', I call it what it is, 'a missing option'. If you call that broken, then fine, to you it;s broken, either way, your comments are of no help to me, thanks all the same.

I do agree with your final words about messing with system file and patches.
Regardless of definition, just doing a reinstall of jolla-camera would be your best bet at a fix (like juiceme said). Clearly something went wrong with your install, so that seems like the smartest place to start.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Try dconf write /apps/jolla-camera/primary/video/flashValues "[1,2,4]"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Regardless of definition, just doing a reinstall of jolla-camera would be your best bet at a fix (like juiceme said). Clearly something went wrong with your install, so that seems like the smartest place to start.
I couldn't agree more, thanks for your input.

I should have included more information in my original post, the same info I included in my post on TJC (which i should have linked to but didn't).

However, I'm no stranger now to removing and installing apps with problems, so removing and reinstalling jolla-camera was the first thing I did, but to no avail. Hence my idea about asking someone for their RPM of jolla-camera that has the flash option in video, but that made no difference.

Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Try dconf write /apps/jolla-camera/primary/video/flashValues "[1,2,4]"
Thanks for your input
I now at least have the icons in video mode, showing Flash Auto, Flash On & Flash Off.

From looking at the image shown by pichlo - http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...37&postcount=4 - I seem to have one too many options, but saddest of all, the light is still not activated when Flash On is selected - I assume this means, when you start videoing, the LED comes on and goes back off when recording is stopped.....?

I changed the dconf sequence to;
Code:
dconf write /apps/jolla-camera/primary/video/flashValues "[2,4]"
- not 1,2,4; now I have Flash On & Flash Off, but still no actual light!

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2016-10-07 at 16:50.

Closed Thread