Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Thanks coderus!
I grew to like it better in bgr though
Here are both versions, swapped channels in gimp and original rgb:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The brown one is definitely better!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The brown one is definitely better!
A sailfish swimming in da Gagnes River in India

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Spain
Last update is absolutely incredible @coderus! Is there any chance to achieve it on a Xperia 10 Plus?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by ferlanero View Post
Last update is absolutely incredible @coderus! Is there any chance to achieve it on a Xperia 10 Plus?
No.
https://together.jolla.com/question/...nt-be-trusted/

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i didnt found where jolla 1 splash is hiding (yet?)
jolla tablet splash can be changed, but tablet refuse to boot in secureboot mode, switching off secureboot in bios settings helps

i believe we can easily change jolla/sailfish splash on other devices

stock android devices should be doable as well (check corresponding xda threads)

but sony have something special in their kernels aas well

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
No.

But coderus extended his app to the Pro¹!

https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/splashscreen-changer
Thank you! I would like to design the splash screen for Fxtec Pro^1 (sorry, do not see superscripts on this virtual keyboard). Any recommendations for image editing on Sailfish OS? I could not get ImageMagick to install, yet.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Any recommendations for image editing on Sailfish OS?
In kabouiks spirit i would advise to use gimp in ubu-chroot
Sure kidding, it is quite unusable without mouse.

Imagemagick was ported by NielDK.
And we have 3 photo editors/effect tools on sailfish, PhotoFunia (in Jolla store), ImageWorks and DiyImg.

But since the splashscreen needs to be bmp 24bit i use the gimp on desktop so i can easily output to correct format.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
In kabouiks spirit i would advise to use gimp in ubu-chroot
Sure kidding, it is quite unusable without mouse.

Imagemagick was ported by NielDK.
And we have 3 photo editors/effect tools on sailfish, PhotoFunia (in Jolla store), ImageWorks and DiyImg.

But since the splashscreen needs to be bmp 24bit i use the gimp on desktop so i can easily output to correct format.
That's the problem, ImageMagick cannot be installed because of a missing dependency - liblcms.so.1 I think? I have tried Storeman and zypper both, no dice.

Jolla store requires Jolla account, right?.. I have installed ImageWorks and DiyImg recently, ImageWorks is tolerable at cropping (capturing the last pixel is nearly impossible; I ended up with 1620x3241 image) and good at resizing (doesn't require manual guess-work), so I used an image of an Aurora Australis ( https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...imer_Bay-2.jpg ) to make a 1080x2160 splashscreen.jpg . This splashscreen worked fine, despite not being a bmp?

But it's only a first step, I want to use the spectacular background to overlay Fxtec logo onto it, and add something about Sailfish OS as well. So far, I know of no Sailfish OS app that could do that. And ImageWorks, while helpful, seems to be way too python-dependent?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

P.S. I have seen no sign of bootanimation.zip being actually used anywhere. Either Sailfish OS doesn't use this animation at all, or Sailfish OS boots too quickly for animation to show up? Less than 30 seconds on splashscreen, then the lock-screen shows up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
boot video, sailfish os