Notices

My connection still drops on Nexus5 after a second

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Hello
like Fuzzillogic told, it seems to give a new software version 1.4-10.
But the openrepos app-manager seems not to be aware of this.
Is that normal?
Or could some-one help to turn it on by me?

many thx for help in advance

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
My connection still drops on Nexus5 after a second
Here, too.

I switched to building it on the Mer OBS, because it's easier to get a clean build. Maybe it changed the vendor or something which blocks the update?

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
I switched to building it on the Mer OBS, because it's easier to get a clean build. Maybe it changed the vendor or something which blocks the update?
@abranson, now i see it but an error occurs by upgrade.
i try tu bring up a screenshot of it, but i have currently a problem to transfer it from the phone currently...

I try it later again

The Following User Says Thank You to cemoi71 For This Useful Post:
I also couldn't update rockpool via warehouse, it always told me that there is a problem with dependencies. Maybe this is also the reason Warehouse did not listed 1.4.0 in the Update view.

I then upgraded via SSH: First replaced qt5-qtwebsockets as described. Below is a copy of the output during the upgrade, including a warning that the upgrade changes the vendor. Maybe this is the reason for the issues with Warehouse!?

Code:
[root@Sailfish nemo]# zypper in rockpool
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'rockpool' is already installed.
There is an update candidate for 'rockpool', but it is from different vendor. Use 'zypper install rockpool-1.4-10.7.1.jolla.armv7hl' to install this candidate.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
[root@Sailfish nemo]# zypper install rockpool-1.4-10.7.1.jolla.armv7hl
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following package is going to be upgraded:
  rockpool 

The following package is going to change vendor:
  rockpool   -> meego

1 package to upgrade, 1 to change vendor.
Overall download size: 1022.1 KiB. After the operation, 37.2 MiB will be freed.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y): 
Retrieving package rockpool-1.4-10.7.1.jolla.armv7hl                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    (1/1), 1022.1 KiB (  1.9 MiB unpacked)
Retrieving: rockpool-1.4-10.7.1.armv7hl.rpm ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
Installing: rockpool-1.4-10.7.1.jolla ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
Additional rpm output:
Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/jolla-messages-openurl.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-maemo-urischeme/sms" is discouraged (the use of "x-maemo-urischeme" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/voicecall-ui-openurl.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-maemo-urischeme/tel" is discouraged (the use of "x-maemo-urischeme" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/jolla-gallery-playvideostream.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-maemo-urischeme/rtsp" is discouraged (the use of "x-maemo-urischeme" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/open-url.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-maemo-urischeme/http" is discouraged (the use of "x-maemo-urischeme" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/open-url.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-maemo-urischeme/https" is discouraged (the use of "x-maemo-urischeme" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)
Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/new-mail.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-maemo-urischeme/mailto" is discouraged (the use of "x-maemo-urischeme" as media type is strongly discouraged in favor of a subtype of the "application" media type)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Not sure about when this started but I have a little glitch with rockpool.

It is related to phone conversations. The synchronisation is not working properly. For example, the watch doesn't stop vibrating even when the call has ended. The timer for a phone call on the watch is showing huge numbers as if it never really stopped for a long time...

Is there anybody experiencing the same? It is not very annoying but let's say that there is some room for improvement .... that I am unable to provide :P
If I am the only one, I guess I should do something more than restarting the watch and the phone, and do some cleaning of the application/connection/cache...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Same here. annoying but no show stopper.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to borghal For This Useful Post:
Hello. I have some trouble logging in to auth for getpebble... In fact, since I upgraded to my Sailfish X (and copied my files in .local/rockpoold from my previous jolla), I can't get any response from the webview.

When I touch the email text field or password text field, for instance from auth-client.getpebble.com but also for some other watchface parameter pages, I get nothing.

I know getpebble account will be dead in june so it's not so bad... But I wonder if I have something amiss with my rockpool install, if it works for other people ? I should have the correct websocket version.

Too bad Pebble is discontinued, and we only get all these fitness watches without interesting apps

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tsht For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Tsht View Post
Hello. I have some trouble logging in to auth for getpebble... In fact, since I upgraded to my Sailfish X (and copied my files in .local/rockpoold from my previous jolla), I can't get any response from the webview.

When I touch the email text field or password text field, for instance from auth-client.getpebble.com but also for some other watchface parameter pages, I get nothing.

I know getpebble account will be dead in june so it's not so bad... But I wonder if I have something amiss with my rockpool install, if it works for other people ? I should have the correct websocket version.

Too bad Pebble is discontinued, and we only get all these fitness watches without interesting apps
webview is fairly unreliable and broken on rockpool currently, thanks to newer qtwebkit etc. I change settings as needed by modifying the app.js etc on the phone's filesystem. Some stuff doesn't work at all, but luckily the watchfaces I'm using don't need them.

Also, re: pebble in general, you should check out rebbleOS. It is being actively developed, feel free to pop into the discussion on their discord server. It's coming along nicely, and seeks to replace that dead ecosystem fairly soon.

That said, I still use my original pebble steel daily with my xperia x, and I only have minor complaints. It doesn't have the vibrate bug on calls, and notifications seem to be reliable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch