Hello,

I'm frequently experiencing some smaller, but still anoying issues with my Jolla phone:

- When the battery is below 10%, the devices startes to warn about low battery, which is of course fine. However, with each warning it has a certain timeout of about 5-10 seconds, which is anoying. Is this a bug or a configuration issue with my phone?

- Dalvik has some problems. Some apps cannot connect to the internet when in 3G/GSM mode. Furthermore, Alien Dalvik crashes frequently espacially when starting apps - after multiple restarts most apps eventually start. However, this is anoying.

- Dalvik seems to drain the battery pretty fast.

- The google account needs reauthentication once in a while.

So far. Rather smaller issues, as stated before, but still anoying.
There is no /var/log/system.log activated by default. Is there any other way to find out what causes the issues, especially the timeouts and Dalvik crashes?
Thanks in advance,

Chris

I've not tested that. But as Sailfish uses systemd you should find the logs using journalctl.

Cool. Journalctl works, thanks. However, nothing about the Dalvik crashes in there

the dalvik crashes could relate to a memory allocation issue ... afaik dalvik wants to reserve more memory than sailfish wants it to have - should be possible to be sorted out... for now, try closing some native apps before opening an android one ... also some crashes are just part of the android game - that's why i jumped ship to sailfish ;D

dalvik usually loses 3g connection after 30 minutes .. has been reported before...

in general, dalvik is not running perfectly, but it serves quite well until sudden apps are being ported... the battery drain is usual for android, playing android games on jolla makes for a good handwarmer during winter-months ;D

don't know about the battery notification... i'm trying to keep my battery above 40% to sustain its power

the google account notification is a known bug - sailors are working on it... took me a while to figure out it doesn't have an impact on the account actually

more annoying: my jolla tends to rewake after putting it to sleep by gesture every once in a while (i'd say once every 20 tries) ...

The Following User Says Thank You to egnat69 For This Useful Post: