Active Topics

just a note that there's a new Q&A site at
https://together.jolla.com/

Merry christmas

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to lbt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Yay they opened it now

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
It appears to be intended to be a stackoverflow style expert Q&A site, but people are shoving feature requests and bug reports in it anyway. Ah well.

Good start! I hope regular forum is also coming.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
It appears to be intended to be a stackoverflow style expert Q&A site, but people are shoving feature requests and bug reports in it anyway. Ah well.
It's based on some generic Q&A software (Askbot), but the intention from Jolla's side appears to be for both general questions and feature requests/bugs/ideas/etc. From their press release:

Jolla believes in co-creation and wants to empower its users to participate in developing Jolla continuously further and better. To facilitate co-creation and collect feedback, Jolla will be opening a portal at together.jolla.com where customers can discuss and vote on which features they would like to see in Jolla, report issues and submit ideas.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
I agree it needs some organisation... Low started something and I commented here:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...s/#post-id-496

There's always going to be "Can we have XYZ?" questions - and they're valuable. But they're not, as you say, stackoverflow-like. That's my idea to seperate them.

We also didn't want a forum at this point (being well aware that lots of community people are here) - so askbot seemed a good solution.

Thoughtfull feedback and discussion on organisation is welcome.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Just could resist make an app its just a profofconcept using askbot API:

Unofficial Jolla Together

download and install using:

Code:
pkcon install-local /home/nemo/Downloads/harbour-unofficialtogether-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm

and source on github
Attached Images

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-24 at 19:55.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
It's based on some generic Q&A software (Askbot), but the intention from Jolla's side appears to be for both general questions and feature requests/bugs/ideas/etc. From their press release:
Agreed. This post from Carsten about skunkworks is very exciting.
https://together.jolla.com/question/...th-your-jolla/

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
BRILLIANT move!

together.jolla.com is the perfect name for the perfect site: Where else can you deliver your personal opinions in a way that jolla can actually review and consider them? TMO is a huge rescoure of such things, but being a forum has its handicap and usefulnes for jolla.

I watched together.jolla.com for merely a couple of hours and I'm really impressed: I've never seen more concentrated and sensible hints for existing bugs and feature requests formulated that well.

Congratulations to you on that site! Actually I can see a loyal and contributing "community" forming around the product you delivered that well. :-)

Edit: And what other phone producing company has achived something like this? I know none! This is really unlike ;-)

Last edited by ibins; 2013-12-24 at 21:07. Reason: Addition

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ibins For This Useful Post:
@mikecomputing:

As a proof-of-concept this:
https://build.merproject.org/project...hum%3A1.0.1.10

could be maemo-autobuilder and maemo-extras

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lbt For This Useful Post: