Originally Posted by egnat69 View Post
try only using the button to lock it for a day or so... if it still turns on, it might really be your pocket mimicking a double tap, touching the button or a notification waking the phone...
Actually, I never use the swipe to lock the screen. I always press power button to lock my screen.

Has anyone considered that it might actually be the power button turning the phone on? Not that I doubt you, but a simple press of the power button while in the pocker seems more likely than a double-tap to me.

Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Has anyone considered that it might actually be the power button turning the phone on? Not that I doubt you, but a simple press of the power button while in the pocker seems more likely than a double-tap to me.
I have, but it did turn on while placing it on my desk from the opposite corner, so I'm more led to believe that it's just me doing a micro double tap. The power button maybe be a culprit on other situations though...

Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Well I don't think it's that since I don't have anything else but my Jolla in my pocket. But it wouldn't explain the calls and stuff.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I have not (yet) had this problem as the proximity sensor should keep your screen from turning on in your pocket. I have however experienced with my N9 that certain clothing doesn't work with the proximity sensor. You can test this by putting your finger over the sensor while dubble tapping to see if the sensor works. after that, try double tapping it in your pocket...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Proximity sensor prevents wake up by douple-tap, but not by power button. Wake up by double-tap also doesn't happen if taps are made in different places.

Wake up by power button is possible in every situation. Do you think proximity sensor should prevent also that?

Last edited by hana; 2014-01-09 at 00:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
Proximity sensor prevents wake up by douple-tap, but not by power button. Wake up by double-tap also doesn't happen if taps are made in different places.

Wake up by power button is possible in every situation. Do you think proximity sensor should prevent also that?
I'm quite sure that the power button isn't the reason here. Today I put the phone in my pocket carefully and put it in a position where the usage of power button is impossible by accident. Still the phone woke up many times, accidentally sending messages.

And the proximity sensor is working fine, if I cover the sensor, I cannot open the lock by double tapping.

Last edited by Dawn0fDeath; 2014-01-09 at 14:10.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I think you could do it by editing /etc/mce/60-doubletap-jolla.ini as root.
I would guess that setting EnableValue to 0 in that file would disable double tap wakeup. Or brick your phone. One or the other.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dawn0fDeath View Post
I'm quite sure that the power button isn't the reason here. Today I put the phone in my pocket carefully and put it in a position where the usage of power button is impossible by accident. Still the phone woke up many times, accidentally sending messages.

And the proximity sensor is working fine, if I cover the sensor, I cannot open the lock by double tapping.
how about a notification waking it up? it should be prevented by the prox sensor as well (just tested it) but as someone mentioned before, there might be a problem with the sensor and your clothes... what pocket do you carry it in?