Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
This was the greatest scheme eve conceived to gain Thanks from TMO users. Oh the genius behind this... !

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Maybe he wants it replaced with an "Up yours" button.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Who cares for "no thank you", I vote for the "thanks" button to stay !
If you don't like it don't use it.

Proud owner of a Jolla smart phone
Check this out !
http://www.jollatides.com/

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
people use the 'thanks' button here like the 'like' button on facebook...

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ykho For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
hahaha,
Look how many "Thanks" you've gained with your post

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
And some (you know who you are) keep using it like a bookmark. 3000+ thanks posted?

However, every system has abusers. Other than that, it's a useful tool to know if a person has his/her head up somewhere. The ratio is incredibly useful in telling if a certain affirmation is a real chalenge or a flamebait/troll thing.

We have proposed a better thanking system a long time, but it's not easy. Levels of thanking, agree buttons, me toos, etc. None got through.

Personally, I think making it harder to use would solve things. I also like other communities approach: limited thanks per day (giving). This would force more mental effort. Or a capcha. A window explaining the use of the button. Anything.

If someone is ready to enter 4000 capchas then there is little anyone can do.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by ndi View Post

We have proposed a better thanking system a long time, but it's not easy. Levels of thanking, agree buttons, me toos, etc. None got through.
I agree. It's not that easy to implement a better thanking system. Too many different buttons would get messy and complicated. Personally, I use thanks button (obviously to thank someone), but also if I agreed strongly with something written within the post or if something someone wrote made me laugh etc. Saving on an unrelated post just to express this.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ rocky mountains usa
how i disable anything in life being a concrete block, a prime peice of steak , a robbing police officer scumbag,speeding camera (gatso), or peeps who keep owning me on black ops . My usual method is to head butt them it or her always worked for me thankgod , allah, gary barlow

The Following User Says Thank You to imsotall For This Useful Post:
i get thanked alot in my role has an expert flower arranger , i love to do the chealse flower show each year . So for me getting thanked in cyber space has no meaning thanked face to face of a 80 year old lady. thats what brightens up my day and a nice kiss to go with it

1 more thing to add usually thank's is all i need being so tall, any one i kiss i have to bend down and my back been ache'n for years . So much for pain medacation dont touch the sides. N othing like good laughter to get that dopemine and seratonin flowing through my 39 year old receptors it's good to be tall god damn it

Tags
bad juju, genius sulu, pointlessness, thanxxx, what a thanker!