I'm so torn between these two. I need someone to push me in one direction, seriously. Any reasons outside the obvious I should go one way or the other? thanks a lot everyone

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
Why I got the N800: 1-price. Its almost 1 half than the N810
2 I prefer the keyboard apart, because thumb typing tires me out. And a full BT keyboard is a lot more comfortable.
3 I don't need GPS. It is a nice plus, and if I ever decide I want one, I can get one cheap.
4 The SD slots. Been talked to the end in the forums, and double standar SD slots are a whole lot more comfortable.
5 The camera rotates. Dunno, I like it better than the fixed one. But It wouldn't be a deal breaker.
So basicaly, what the N810 has as a plus, I could live without or get around, and get a better price. So, having less money available, the N800 was the way to go.
I would have liked the better screen though.
Hope it helps.
Cheers

Last edited by eliagp; 2008-10-11 at 01:05.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If you can afford it, get the N810. It's very handy to have a keyboard with the tablet; it's more of a hassle to carry a bluetooth keyboard than people admit. And the same goes for having the gps device permanently with you. I got an N800 and am quite sure I'd be happier with an N810.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Toronto
I'm quite happy with the N800, pricewise it was a big saving over the 810; I got a plugin dreamGEAR mini Key keyboard that plugs in with a mini USB adapter, and a Holux GPS unit that I can turn off if I don't need it, both for less than the extra money I would have spent on the 810. The two SD slots are more useful too.