screwit, not worth it anymore.

Last edited by IcoNyx; 2008-07-26 at 22:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to IcoNyx For This Useful Post:
Actually, I'm with IcoNyx on this. A2DP was a huge selling point for me, and where is it?

I don't CARE how hard it is. I'm a customer. It's a feature I want/was sold.

Is it harder than writing a whole new damned OS? I think not. Yet, that's what's been done. Twice even. OS2008 is great, and I'm sure Diablo is even better. Kudo's to the hard working engineers who slaved away on it. Good job. Kiss kiss, hugs all around. (Note: I do believe they earned a pay check while working on the OS, I work each week too, and when my customer wants something, they don't ***** foot around when telling me they want something for their money).

Now... Who ever the boob is that is holding back from solving the A2DP problem, please get it fixed. For gods sake, this isn't a new technology or anything. I just want it to work. My $150 cell phone WATCH has A2DP working. I repeat: MY WRISTWATCH supports A2DP. So for what ever it takes, a friggen $400+ PDA/Tablet media player unquestionably should support A2DP, or it simply isn't in the ball game.

And finally: Put out some lousy 3D drivers all ready. When lowly peons try to get drivers to build on their own, they are referred to the hardware manufacturer (Nokia).

Last edited by cyberbillp; 2008-07-26 at 23:55.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by cyberbillp View Post
It's a feature I want/was sold.
Point me to where Nokia advertised A2DP support.

Originally Posted by IcoNyx View Post
screwit, not worth it anymore.
Excellent choice.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=649
http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/cellular/1589/nokian810/
http://www.waleg.com/techgadgets/archives/009662.html

And on and on and on. Google is your friend.

Nokia announced it, these websites reported it. I could hunt up the original Nokia press release if I tried hard enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to cyberbillp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Go CyberBill!

I have a worry though that the hardware can't really do it. Mind you, this is just a feeling so let's not start any rumors, but apparently (AFAIK), the Wifi and bluetooth share an antenna. And the bluetooth is LOUSY when Wifi is on. I agree with everyone who said (nicely or otherwise) that this is a MAJOR feature whole. If it isn't a hardware issue Nokia needs to tell us how to make the Wifi and Bluetooth work together. If it IS a hardware issue, well, you know...

Google is your friend.
Yes, clearly.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...00&btnG=Search

Nokia announced it, these websites reported it. I could hunt up the original Nokia press release if I tried hard enough.
Please do, but I'll show you that you wont find anything to support your claim. Because Nokia never announced it as a feature.

Original announcement:
The Nokia N810 features a highly customizable user interface and contains various novelties such as a Mozilla based browser with Ajax and Adobe flash 9, Bluetooth headset support as well as enhanced video and audio features.
(emphasis mine)

This is the UI support for Bluetooth headsets that was added with OS2008, this is not A2DP Bluetooth headphone support.

Bad journalism is what it amounts to, and bad journalism certainly doesn't qualify as an official announcement.

Now, please, stop spreading lies.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
@cyberbillp: You do realize this is a community forum, right? People from Nokia view this place from time to time, but mostly on their time off. If you want something from Nokia or think that they employed false advertising, then you need to talk to Nokia (or maybe the BBB), not us.

@IcoNyx: Your choice.

Last edited by Johnx; 2008-07-27 at 03:13.

Re: interference between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi,

Yes surely there is interference between those two technologies, and several solutions has been there. See, for example, the following page:
http://www.ce-mag.com/archive/01/05/lansford.html

The Wi-Fi device on N810, STLC4560, has Bluetooth coexistence feature, but I have no idea it is enabled or not.

However, even though those solutions can enable coexistence of Blutooth and Wi-Fi, they are not perfect. Bandwidth for one of (or both of) the technologies must be shedded down, probably by time-division multiplexing. I doubt you can achieve both decent transfer rate on Wi-Fi and clear A2DP quality, though it depends on the environment.

To make the situation worse, to dismiss away the interference problem completely, all the devices may have to jointly coordinate their use of waves, which is quite unfeasible.

The Following User Says Thank You to kazuya For This Useful Post:

Excellent choice.
You know, GeneralAntillies, you tend to come off as a pompous, arrogant, a**.

You tend to stimulate the troll tenancies in me. you demand that I act civily in the forums but I note that nothing generates more IN-civility than jerk a--hole responses like these.

Look dude, I love to rant, It's what I do. but I also control my ranting to a particular goal, please note that in this thread, my ranting has spurred a more detailed description of what A2DP is, why it is not working and what needs to be done (between my own post and subsequent response by Johnx)

Something you should know about me; I am an intelligent person who can use google to my advantage. coming into this thread I KNEW what the issue was, I have been in this game long enough to use A2DP. It works fine for my needs on my n810. My ranting is for the benefit of those who DON'T understand the problem, and DON'T have the knowledge/ability to use google and research the issue themselves.

This is what I do. and frankly I am good at it.

Unfortunately I recognize that my posts do sometimes illicit some secondary trolls... it happens from time to time. But this time, the trollish advances are being generated by your negativity.

Word of advice: It's ok to tell me that it is a good choice to stop my ranting, but try to take a positive spin on it, like for instance you could say something like, "Good choice, I'm glad you have decided to calm down and stop creating contention" or something like that. You see saying things like "Good choice" alone tend to act like a stand off move, even like a challenge... almost like saying "That's right, punk, we win."

Please, stop being so curt.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=649
http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/cellular/1589/nokian810/
http://www.waleg.com/techgadgets/archives/009662.html

And on and on and on. Google is your friend.

Yes, Nokia did promise A2DP, and yes, I am a bit butt-hurt that it is not fully implemented... but it can/will be argued that the hardware supports it and that it is in fact the responsibility of the OSS community to get it working. that is the second edge of open source.

Look, for all intents and purposes, you have to admit, even without A2DP the Nokia internet tablets kick a serious amount of ***. I dare you to name one other device out there can do HALF what the n810 can. I mean for a glorified PDA it beats the F**K out of Palm and PPC and even gives UMPCs a run for their money (I'd argue the OQO is better... but the OQO is ironically LACKING in a touch screen... I KNOW!!! SERIOUSLY?!?)

As for your previous comment about 3D support... sorry dude, the graphics processor for the internet tablets just aren't powerful enough for this... YES 3D is *technically* possible on the tablets... but trust me, 3D would be terribly slow and hindering. it's not worth it, don't try.

No this is not because of drivers. it just is not possible. and as for that *technically* part... it COULD be done on die (meaning on the central processor) but doing this would rob the OS of processor power slowing everything else down. if you want an example of this, install the game wesnoth and try loading into the tutorial... that will give you an idea what I am talking about and that isn't even 3D.

Dude, just let it go. nothing you say here will change things the way you want. you need to hit up the Nokia forums here: http://discussions.nokiausa.com/discussions/ I make no promises, but that will at least be read by Nokia employees.

Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
I have a worry though that the hardware can't really do it. Mind you, this is just a feeling so let's not start any rumors, but apparently (AFAIK), the Wifi and bluetooth share an antenna. And the bluetooth is LOUSY when Wifi is on. I agree with everyone who said (nicely or otherwise) that this is a MAJOR feature whole. If it isn't a hardware issue Nokia needs to tell us how to make the Wifi and Bluetooth work together. If it IS a hardware issue, well, you know...
Ok, yes, the hardware can handle it. I suggest you read the posts by myself and Johnx on page 8. the issue is entirely software... as for Wifi having issues when bluetooth is on... I have not had this issue... and I use A2DP... allow me to repeat that: YES I USE A2DP. however my A2DP solution is a hack and works only with kagu. it also causes performance issues (NOT WIFI ISSUES) If you are interested in implementing my A2DP solution please read my posts here: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...=13468&page=14 please note if you read further in, I include some shell scripts that will automatically set up A2DP for you... but I must warn you, it requires a fresh flash of the prior version of OS2008, NOT DIABLO!!! and of course, I guarantee NOTHING.

Yes, clearly.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...00&btnG=Search

Please do, but I'll show you that you wont find anything to support your claim. Because Nokia never announced it as a feature.

Original announcement:
The Nokia N810 features a highly customizable user interface and contains various novelties such as a Mozilla based browser with Ajax and Adobe flash 9, Bluetooth headset support as well as enhanced video and audio features.
(emphasis mine)

This is the UI support for Bluetooth headsets that was added with OS2008, this is not A2DP Bluetooth headphone support.

Bad journalism is what it amounts to, and bad journalism certainly doesn't qualify as an official announcement.

Now, please, stop spreading lies.
Dude, the more you talk, the more I am reminded of some guy waggling his anal lube lathered dick at swat.

Please, PLEASE, Stop being a dick!!! WHAT you are saying is not the problem. HOW you say it inspires... well... Let's just say you are being a tad counter productive.

There is an art to Trolling. what you do is nothing but insult after insult with no direction. just a bunch of "I told you so"s. I'd expect that from my three year old...

Originally Posted by kazuya View Post
Re: interference between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi,

Yes surely there is interference between those two technologies, and several solutions has been there. See, for example, the following page:
http://www.ce-mag.com/archive/01/05/lansford.html

The Wi-Fi device on N810, STLC4560, has Bluetooth coexistence feature, but I have no idea it is enabled or not.

However, even though those solutions can enable coexistence of Blutooth and Wi-Fi, they are not perfect. Bandwidth for one of (or both of) the technologies must be shedded down, probably by time-division multiplexing. I doubt you can achieve both decent transfer rate on Wi-Fi and clear A2DP quality, though it depends on the environment.

To make the situation worse, to dismiss away the interference problem completely, all the devices may have to jointly coordinate their use of waves, which is quite unfeasible.
Dude... I don't know what you are talking about... Like I said... I use A2DP on bluetooth WHILE on the internet... I notice NO issues what so ever. the problem is not bluetooth the problem is the METHOD of A2DP implementation that slows the entire system. NOT just the Wifi... what you have here is simply... well... wrong.

My best example other than the above is transferring a series of images from a friends cell phone to my N810 then across my Wifi to my desktop... I did this process in rappid succession and the images were rather large... if you want to see them you can go to my gallery (http://gallery.dailydffr.net/main.php?g2_itemId=35) It's kinda slow... but my host is crap.

Originally Posted by Johnx View Post

@IcoNyx: Your choice.
that was my way of ending my "Trolling" I'm not quitting... Like I told GeneralAntillies, I'm a self proclaimed professional Troll. I argue to direct. Up until cyberbillp it was working nicely. I still think page 8 has it all. I think it needs a more full and unified conclusion with a list of proposed alternatives, Including my solution (kernel implementation), your solution (did you list one?), and there is a third... But I can't find it...

Last edited by IcoNyx; 2008-07-27 at 22:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to IcoNyx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IcoNyx View Post
Yes, Nokia did promise A2DP
Prove it. Show me where they promised A2DP. Journalists who can't tell their *** from their elbow don't count.