Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
The last post is almost three years old. I doubt you helped anyone.
Thanks, but it really helped me smart guy...nice thing about knowledge on the internet...it can be used by people later.

The Following User Says Thank You to drjamesincandenza For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ BC, Canada
Does this re-set all sofware on the unit, including any custom partitions? I just bought a used N810 off of ebay and all that came with it was the unit itself, 1 stylus, the battery inside the unit and the wall power charging adapter; nothing else. Whoever the guy was that sold it to me, he'd set it up with 2 separate bootable partitions, each with it's own desktop and no ability to access the other or any programs installed on the other. The one listed on the start-up menu listed as 'flash' was the one I was using, but it suddenly started crashing and restarting the system as soon as it finished starting up. I want to erase everything on the whole unit and start over from scratch; is there a simple way to do this without connecting to a computer, or will I have to get the USB cord needed for the unit? If I have to connect it to a computer via the USB, can this be done off of a Windows 7 system?

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Just reflash the device.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
Although I advise against it till you learn more; depending on what you do, soon you could find yourself with a device which can't boot because you fiddled with something you shouldn't and myself recommending you to set up a boot from mmc if you don't want to reflash again.
Boot from mmc and learn to fix the flash partition. Then keep booting and playing from mmc, and use the flash partition to boot and fix mmc if you break it.