I found the best video on Nokia N810 can be converted using AVS Video Converter. Convert to AVI, and select the option Archos AV500/700 MPEG4 480x272. It worked Great for me. Will only play on the Nokia if MPlayer is installed. Any video I had tried before was so choppy. I had been Looking all over the place to find out what would work best and trying different types and finally found this.! Wanted to share it.

The Following User Says Thank You to yasafdlb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
TinyAVI might do the trick as well
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
Hi,

Well, one reason to get the N810 was to play videos. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be able to handle 800x480 videos so I wanted to see what it would handle.

While doing that I found there weren't really any super-appropriate converters around to let you fuss with settings. The best was Media Converter at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mediaconverter . It's made for the N770 and N800, though, and didn't have quite enough control and capability to deal with the N810. To make a short story I ended up editing the source and created a converter for the N810.

The converter is here:
MediaConverter2
Version 2.06 - posted Dec 05, 2008

Mark
Mark, I can't find the source code in the downloads page. Could you please put a link to it somewhere?