Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I had orignal note it was just horrible oh my god it was like using a overblown phone with difficulties in lugging around and a friend got ipad mini it was really a tablet felt like a tablet . If you have less choice then go for the biggest note with x86 in case of android tabs the bigger the better and x86 one wont have problem with apps and i think would be flexible as its x86 maybe? just my experience also do make a single post with whats available to you currently so you are better served with proper recomend

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
I had orignal note it was just horrible oh my god it was like using a overblown phone with difficulties in lugging around and a friend got ipad mini it was really a tablet felt like a tablet . If you have less choice then go for the biggest note with x86 in case of android tabs the bigger the better and x86 one wont have problem with apps and i think would be flexible as its x86 maybe? just my experience also do make a single post with whats available to you currently so you are better served with proper recomend
I don't really have any real experience with tablets...
I have used only for a little an iPad mini but just for a game, you know...

I was thinking of getting the 10.1 because of the x86 processor actually and try to do some tweaks on it. Maybe try to learn more about computers(as this is what I want to do in my future life) and maybe have something developed for this, but I am not sure if I will be able to do that. Not right now for sure

I have added the options I have on the previous post...

Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
What options I have right now:
Phones:
HTC Desire 310
Samsung Galaxy Core
Samsung Galaxy S3 mini
HTC Desire 500(I don't really like its design)

Tablets:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7"
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1"
Samsung Galaxy Note 8(if available)
I'll stand by what I said earlier; these are some pretty poor choices to choose from.

Check the market for whichever one of these is the most expensive (I'm guessing its the Sammy Note 8).
Get that one, sell it asap as Brand New. I doubt you'll get €260 for it.
See what you've got left, and try to get something decent.
Put your Vita funds into it aswell, there's heaps of cheaper and better games on Android.

The Moto G, a cheap phone, is better than all the options you listed above.
A Nexus 5 (32GB) is that much better than the Moto G. Aim for the Nexus 5.
Affordable, Powerful, Hackable.

My $0.02

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I'll stand by what I said earlier; these are some pretty poor choices to choose from.

Check the market for whichever one of these is the most expensive (I'm guessing its the Sammy Note 8).
Get that one, sell it asap as Brand New. I doubt you'll get €260 for it.
See what you've got left, and try to get something decent.
Put your Vita funds into it aswell, there's heaps of cheaper and better games on Android.

The Moto G, a cheap phone, is better than all the options you listed above.
A Nexus 5 (32GB) is that much better than the Moto G. Aim for the Nexus 5.
Affordable, Powerful, Hackable.

My $0.02
I will think of that, thanks for the advice.
Actually I was thinking of getting a Nexus 5 after finishing school but we will see...

Last edited by bill_klpd; 2014-05-12 at 13:25.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Note 10 or nexus 5 its your choice now if you actualy want to learn and tinker like mad get a real convertible or a dextop or else you can always get a raspbery pi model b or banana pi theres also the audrino .

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Note 10 or nexus 5 its your choice now if you actualy want to learn and tinker like mad get a real convertible or a dextop or else you can always get a raspbery pi model b or banana pi theres also the audrino .
Maybe in the future I will
For now I will not buy one of those for sure... We will see tomorrow what I will choose after all

For programming arduino or any other similar board, what language you should know? Assembly and/or C, or something else?

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Keep us posted on what you got. also based on gsmarena's data, the 8 inch tablet has 1.5GB ram while the 10 only has 1GB. But I'd still go for the Note 8 if it's available.

PS don't get the Tab 3 7, even if it's the only one available. I got that for my mom and even Candy Crush brings it to a crawl.

Last edited by vetsin; 2014-05-13 at 03:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
Keep us posted on what you got. also based on gsmarena's data, the 8 inch tablet has 1.5GB ram while the 10 only has 1GB. But I'd still go for the Note 8 if it's available.

PS don't get the Tab 3 7, even if it's the only one available. I got that for my mom and even Candy Crush brings it to a crawl.
I have seen that difference of the ram too!
Also the 8 inch has a better camera, not that I really care, but it is not bad to have it. But still they are at the same money...

Well I will not get that today... I will go the next week, so I have some time to think of that but I will post back for sure what I got

Well, after some time finally I got a Galaxy S3 (GT-i9300) today!
Actually I am really happy with that right now, I will try to put the cyanogenmod 11 in it and see how it works!

I just feel a little wierd about my n900 because I love it so much, but it is not really functional for everyday use(broken usb, broken battery back, not functional speaker), so I had to buy a phone after all! Maybe if I will have some money on the future I will try to get a new n900 or maybe a n9! Who knows? ;D

But I will for sure keep my n900 for some modings and testings

The Following User Says Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
Well, after some time finally I got a Galaxy S3 (GT-i9300) today!
Actually I am really happy with that right now, I will try to put the cyanogenmod 11 in it and see how it works!

I just feel a little wierd about my n900 because I love it so much, but it is not really functional for everyday use(broken usb, broken battery back, not functional speaker), so I had to buy a phone after all! Maybe if I will have some money on the future I will try to get a new n900 or maybe a n9! Who knows? ;D

But I will for sure keep my n900 for some modings and testings
Congrats!
Try this ROM, its an official PAC-ROM (the best of AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, CyanogenMod).
PAC in Black, is particularly nice.

You can even play with the phone's kernel, r00t access, its governor, its voltages (decrease it), its clockspeed (increase it), gpu clockspeed and voltage, user interface and so much more.

Do things that are on system first to get better stability, response and battery life out of them. But for additional features that such custom roms might leave out can be alleviated with... The Xposed Module!

There's heaps of little nifty stuff (my usual are XPrivacy, Adblock, Tinted Status Bar, XBlast Tools, GravityBox, Xposed Additions).

Try to go for a clean look and functionality, overboarding on features really has its toll on the user interface AND battery life.

SGS3 is a pretty modern phone... its not as good as the Nexus 5, but its definitely better than the Moto G.

Some apps that I recommend (PRO versions = little donation / big incentive to the devs):
SuperSU, Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, 500px, Apex Launcher, Kii Keyboard, SwitchR Gestures.

As for accessorizing, these look handy:
- This case
- This memory card
- This desk/bedroom dock
- This car cradle
- This car fast-charger
- This portable Mircast dongle
- This controller to use with the Sixaxis App and play games with this mount/diy to place the phone over the controller
- OR instead, this easier but less advanced solution, The MOGA pocket / PRO controller

And if you're interested in emulators...
...here's some that run fullspeed, with sound, no frameskip, and no problems:
PS One (FPSe)
Nintendo 64 (Mupen64)
Gameboy Advance (VGBA)
SNES (Super GNES)
Sega (iGensNoid)

...and here's more emulators which (aren't finished/smooth) but might be useful:
PSP (PPSSPP)
DS Lite (DraStic)
Dreamcast (Reicast)
Windows 98/DOS (Winulator)

Anyways, enjoy your new device

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: