Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
The Iphone 3g s is being released in a couple of days. The os 3.0 with many additions which is released today. Then there is the palm pre.
I am seriously sick of all these waiting without even an announcement. We have'nt even had a OS update to talk about some sort of improvement.

The palm pre and the iphone 3gs are calling me.... i am finding it difficult to hang on for the tablets.

Nokia if you are listening for god's sake do something.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Just breathe man; better to get a product that's ready then to get something buggy that met the demands of people with too much pent up fervor to wait for it to be right.

I know your pain, really, but the month o'smartphones ain't over yet. Nokia could still have a few more treats in store (as if 3-5 devices so far this month ain't treat enough).

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Just breathe man; better to get a product that's ready then to get something buggy that met the demands of people with too much pent up fervor to wait for it to be right.

I know your pain, really, but the month o'smartphones ain't over yet. Nokia could still have a few more treats in store (as if 3-5 devices so far this month ain't treat enough).
I understand. The nokia n800 was announced on jan 7th 2007 and then810 was announced on oct 17th 2007. That is almost 2.5 years from the last hardware upgrade. I mean for a company which came out with such wonderful products as the tablets.... why the hell would it take 2.5 years for a hardware update?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Nokia is trying to launch a new series of devices that will have much improved hardware specs, a very different form factor, with all kinds of new functionality.... AND... they're trying to release a new version of the operating system that not only has to support all of the new hardware, plus add in a bunch of new features and fix a bunch of bugs, plus open up a great deal of the code that was previously closed... and on top of all of that, it is using a very different UI!

When I write it out like that, it looks overwhelming. It sometimes crosses my mind that Nokia might just have bitten off a tiny bit more than they could chew here...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
The palm pre and the iphone 3gs are calling me.... i am finding it difficult to hang on for the tablets.
you think you are frustrated? what would i say: i never would buy a big, touch screen based smartphone. so the iphone, the pre and other devices of this kind are out - but so is the rx-51, based on what we think we know.

so nothing new from nokia, but also no alternatives to turn to. this is what i call frustration.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Sacchin why don't you relax and try some other device for a while instead of waiting for the RX-51. If you buy a full price iphone without a contract and keep it in great condition you can probably sell it in October/November for close to full price. You could also buy an iPod touch, which seem to hold their value pretty well on Ebay. Or you could buy a netbook and explore that universe for a bit. Waiting for 3 to 4 months in a constant state of worry like you seem to be in might be bad for your health.

I was like you waiting etc...I decided to buy a 5800 XM to play with for a while and might get an iPhone 3GS for the same reason. I don't anticipate using any other device than the RX-51 when it comes out but until then there is plenty of other stuff to keep busy with.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post

Of course, from experience we know that anything released by Nokia is guaranteed to be bug free...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Canada
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
The Iphone 3g s is being released in a couple of days. The os 3.0 with many additions which is released today. Then there is the palm pre.
I am seriously sick of all these waiting without even an announcement. We have'nt even had a OS update to talk about some sort of improvement.

Nokia if you are listening for god's sake do something.
Try being in Canada, we have to wait another 6-12 months after everyone else gets the release. I'm in the same boat i'm ff contract at the end of the month, going to get my first iphone. Got talked into it by my wife and brother.

Clinton

Actually you misht also consider buying an older model iPhone update it to the latest OS 3.0 and play with it for some months. That way you save a bundle of money (on the hardware alone).

Then when the N900 (or whatever) comes out, wait for some time (since you have a new toy to play with), and consider its pros and cons and then buy it when the price goes down a bit... you could have 2 toys in your basket now (or sell of the old iPhone).

Of course who is telling you to wait till the price drops on the N900 - when I myself went and bought the N810 straight from the Nokia NY Store for full damn price, unable to wait till full market release. :-)

Since Samsung just announced Omnia Pro B7610, Nokia might just drop the news if they were holding it back, "if". Seemed like this phone from Samsung was mainly designed to compete with Nokia's N900, like they already knew all of the spec sheet of N900. Any how this Samsung I think is the best alternative choice for the people who must need to have a "RX-51" device, because it similarly speced.
  • 3.5-inch AMOLED display with 800x480 pixel resolution,
  • 5.1 megapixel camera,
  • 7.2Mbps HSDPA data,
  • 802.11b/g WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0,
  • 1GB built-in with microSDHC expansion
  • 800MHz processor driving Windows Mobile

there are tons of windows mobile apps out there, so it can handle pretty much all the apps that maemo could.

I think you can say it's a worthy competitor device towards N900.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/15/s...ficial-reveal/