Active Topics

Originally Posted by Peter The Plumber
I'm missing something here, probably really simple. I tried to use the Linux flasher found at and following the directions on <http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO_FlashLatestNokiaImageWithLinux>. Both as root and as ordinary user I get 'permission denied'. I still have a MS box available so I might try that but as many others I rely on programs written and put out by some many people I should probably wait. I'm assuming that this update will eventually show up under 'check for updates' in the App manager. I would like to sort out just exactly what it is I'm doing wrong with my Linux machine for future reference.
Peter

This may be helpful:

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/Flasher_t...4e85726b0d9ec1

Etaoin

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Was painless with the Windows Wizard. I haven't noticed much difference although they still don't support bluetooth networking so I had to restore all those scripts back along with the root hacks.

Right scroll bar on the browser is missing. It's like Nokia don't have any quality control on this.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ Metro Detroit Michigan USA
Thanks! I was looking at the wrong set of permissions. Doh!

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by Patnet
Right scroll bar on the browser is missing. It's like Nokia don't have any quality control on this.
right scroll bar appears fine for me.

Having had to reflash the 2006-OS yesterday and installing it on my new Kingston 2GB mobile MMC card and only partially then reinstalling all my applications before this latest OS "hit" us, I find that the only really complete and intact operating system I now have on which to rely is on my ext2 partition on my former1GB card. How great it is to have that as a backup operating system. Now, I can sit back and wait for further developments before trying a further upgrade.

Originally Posted by ilia
right scroll bar appears fine for me.
Yes, it amazingly re-appeared after a couple of re-boots and changing the background from orange to gray. Somthing to do with the Tableteer home page code maybe. Anyway, alert over.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I am happy to report that there's a major improvement with opera (at least for me): a popular austrian news site, derstandard.at, now works for the very first time. It used to crash the browser whenever I tried it in the past, even with settings like "no images, no flash". - so, no more need for minimo... until minimo implements 90° screen rotation. ;-)

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by benny1967
I am happy to report that there's a major improvement with opera (at least for me): a popular austrian news site, derstandard.at, now works for the very first time. It used to crash the browser whenever I tried it in the past, even with settings like "no images, no flash". - so, no more need for minimo... until minimo implements 90° screen rotation. ;-)

I am running the old 2006 OS (not beta, first release) and that webpage loads fine for me, nothing crashing. It could be maybe your cache was corrupted, and clearing it might have fixed it for you. Or maybe they changed there website?

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Web surfing is definately snappier than in the previous binary.
3pm - So good, it's illegal