Closed Thread
Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
Can someone please check if this Flash URL loads a interactive chart in Yahoo, thanks
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=b...urce=undefined

yes, it does.

I might be in the wrong place to post this but hopefully I can get some sincere answers. I bought the N900 from nokia about 5 months ago. I am no programmer and have very little knowledge of the linux os system. I have used mostly windows xp and nokia phones in the past that had synced pretty well to the outlook and etc. It was a toss up for me at the time between an iphone and the N900 but I was happy with the sound quilaty of nokia in the past. Symbin I was not to fond of because it seemed to lack some of the main stream application that apple and htc or windows phones had. The nokia quilaty, 32 gigs and adverstisement sold me on a iphone killer. I have yet to see very many application that equal the visual aspects of the programs or the amount of programs or functions on the nokia verse the iphone. There seems to be very few applicaitons out there 4 months later that would rival the iphone apps. The capabilitys of the N900 seems to be so much more then the Iphone yet I have not seen these really consumer ready and most are in a garage somewhere still being worked on and many do not appear to be main stream in applicaitons but rather programming ready or needing alot of help installing or understanding such as deb files or open office and etc. Now there is commuication of some type of new os system that is coming out called meego and is this for the n900 and will this make the phone and programs better or is this for the next generation phones? Will the N900 every see the ability to have applications to allow it to run google maps, print, and edit Word, Excel and other MS programs or have a decent Office Program? Will good application come out that is comparitive to the Iphone that uses all the functions that the N900 is capabible of such as a compass and etc or will this just be a high tech phone for the high tech people? The phones basic programs such as the calander is a good program although I which it had a search feature on it and the contact I wish had a seach feature on it as well when close. I guess my question would be do I need to go out and by a Iphone and take a loss on my N900 or do I need to give it some time?

when i try to update extra decoders to the latest version in extras it says thatapplication packages are missing: gstreamer0.10 plugins-bad-extra

whats up?

is it possible to download and intall all the major dependencies so that when i want to install an application it does not give me error of missing dependencies.
i want to be able to install application without using internet on n900. as i have a very expensive gprs connection in my contory.

I'm a new user and I have a question about a problem with the N900 calendar app - is this the right forum to start a thread, or is this only for Maemo OS questions?

HI All I am a new user of n900
and i want to know few thing abt it
1. youtube works bit animated any solution
2. where can i get apps?
3. yahoo massager is possible on n900 if yes where can i find it?

Hi,

From my N95 experience, I could key in a number while on call and it stayed when I hung up. I could then make a call to this new number or store to Contacts, as appropriate.

Is it possible to do the same on N900? How? Right now whatever numbers i type on the in-call dialpad go away once the call gets done.

Thanks!

P.S.: If you could find this using search, please let me know the keywords. I tried too, but in vain!

Can i use webcam with pecan(msn)?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Hey,
I'm trying to block ads with wikis host method. I have the .txt from mvps.org in MyDocs. What do i do now? Open the host file in /etc with xterm and copy paste the text from the mvps file there? How do i exactly do this?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Solved....

Last edited by Tuukka; 2010-03-31 at 16:47.

Can N900 auto press a pre-saved extension number?

I remember I had a phone you can put numbers like this
3197788876+9837
the phone will dial the first number:3197788876, when it connected, the phone will dial the next number automatically:9837

This is very useful when dialing international calls with IP card, where you need to put:
1, access number,
2, language (some cards),
3, the number you are trying to reach.

Last edited by kangyu29; 2010-04-01 at 04:35.

Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted