In the device manager, I see either "Sony sa 0119 ADB Interface Driver" or "Sony sa 0119 ADB Interface Driver", depending on which driver I have installed.

Assuming that the bach file is similar to the shell script, it is this part that does not comr to an end:

"SERIALNUMBERS=
count=0
for SERIALNO in $FASTBOOT_DEVICES; do
PRODUCT=$($FASTBOOTCMD_NO_DEVICE -s $SERIALNO getvar product 2>&1 | head -n1 | cut -d ' ' -f2)
BASEBAND=$($FASTBOOTCMD_NO_DEVICE -s $SERIALNO getvar version-baseband 2>&1 | head -n1 | cut -d ' ' -f2)
BOOTLOADER=$($FASTBOOTCMD_NO_DEVICE -s $SERIALNO getvar version-bootloader 2>&1 | head -n1 | cut -d ' ' -f2)"

EDIT:

I just see that the batch script for windows is more complex:

echo(
echo Searching for a compatible device...

:: Ensure that we are flashing right device
:: :: H9436
:: H9436

@call :devices

if not "%serialnumbers%" == "" GOTO no_error_serialnumbers

:: If fastboot devices does not list any devices, then we cannot flash.
echo(
echo We did not find any devices with fastboot.
echo(
echo The device is not properly connected to your computer or
echo you might be missing the required windows fastboot drivers for your device.
echo(
echo Go to the Windows Device Manager and verify that the fastboot driver for the
echo device is properly installed.
echo(
pause
exit /b 1

:no_error_serialnumbers

for %%d in ( %serialnumbers% ) do (
set fastbootcmd=%fastbootcmd_no_device% -s %%d
@call :getvar product
findstr /R ":: H9436
:: H9436" %tmpflashfile% >NUL 2>NUL
if not errorlevel 1 (
call :new_product_found %%d
)
)

if not [%products%] == [] goto :no_error_product

echo(
echo The DEVICE this flashing script is meant for WAS NOT FOUND!
echo(
echo This script found following device:
type %tmpflashfile%
pause
exit /b 1

:no_error_product

if "%products%" == "%products: =%" GOTO :no_multiple_products

echo(
echo It seems that there are multiple compatible devices connected in fastboot mode.
echo Make sure only the device that you intend to flash is connected.
pause
exit /b 1

:no_multiple_products

:: Now we know which device we need to flash
set fastbootcmd=%fastbootcmd_no_device% -s %products%

:: Check that device has been unlocked
@call :getvar secure
findstr /R /C:"secure: no" %tmpflashfile% >NUL 2>NUL
if not errorlevel 1 GOTO no_error_unlock
echo(
echo This device has not been unlocked for the flashing. Please follow the
echo instructions how to unlock your device at the following webpage:
echo %unlockwebsite%
echo(
echo Press enter to open browser with the webpage.
echo(
pause
start "" %unlockwebsite%
exit /b 1

:no_error_unlock

echo(
echo The device is unlocked for the flashing process. Continuing..

Last edited by JoOppen; 2021-10-03 at 08:13.

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
I cannot comment much on Windows flash script - never used it. Even don't know whether anyone else has used Windows to flash using that script. The script is taken from SFOS repos and I can only hope it works.

You can probably run through executed commands and see where it fails specifically. In the end, it should be calling fastboot. For searching, it should try to find device using fastboot output, if I remember Linux script correctly. Probably something similar is done in Windows.

But I let users with better Windows experience to guide you through.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I cannot comment much on Windows flash script - never used it. Even don't know whether anyone else has used Windows to flash using that script. The script is taken from SFOS repos and I can only hope it works.

You can probably run through executed commands and see where it fails specifically. In the end, it should be calling fastboot. For searching, it should try to find device using fastboot output, if I remember Linux script correctly. Probably something similar is done in Windows.

But I let users with better Windows experience to guide you through.
I once successfully flashed another XZ3 with your SFOS 3 port using Jolla's batch script, Sony's fastboot and the sa0119adb driver. So in general all should be fine ...

Apparently some detail escapes me this time. I'll keep trying - thank you for the support - and of course the port!

The Following User Says Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
I once successfully flashed another XZ3 with your SFOS 3 port using Jolla's batch script, Sony's fastboot and the sa0119adb driver. So in general all should be fine ...

Apparently some detail escapes me this time. I'll keep trying - thank you for the support - and of course the port!
Note that the script has probably changed as a part of AOSP10 update (or even as a part of this release). Script is from upstream and I don't touch it much.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post

Have you found solution? I'm unable to flash newest sailfish with flash-on windows bat. commandline disappears after few seconds. I also tried previous sailfish release with same result.

I also used newflasher to revert everything normal and try again. I also wonder is it recuired to flash both separate downloads from xperifirm as it suggest two separate downloads "52.1.A.3.137" "190510.001-10073" both few gigabytes large.

As I see someone has confirmed it should work (github).

Could it related to that I tried aosp11 port & twrp-recovey from xda-developers and messing those files somehow.

Can't use linux to test flash for now.

Is it correct to keep standalone android platform-tools actual files same place where lies sailfish flashing files? I could not get fastboot work any other ways.

If you're just using fastboot/adb for flashing, etc, (and not for actual development ), don't bother with platform-tools, etc., but just use something like - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/o...1-4-3.2588979/ .

If double-click bat file doesn't work, just open the bat file with notepad and find the place whwre it says the fastboot commands, (near the end, "fastboot flash boot..." "fastboot flash system..."), and copy/paste into terminal one-by-one.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Korkkiruuvi View Post
Have you found solution? I'm unable to flash newest sailfish with flash-on windows bat. commandline disappears after few seconds. I also tried previous sailfish release with same result.

I also used newflasher to revert everything normal and try again. I also wonder is it recuired to flash both separate downloads from xperifirm as it suggest two separate downloads "52.1.A.3.137" "190510.001-10073" both few gigabytes large.

As I see someone has confirmed it should work (github).

Could it related to that I tried aosp11 port & twrp-recovey from xda-developers and messing those files somehow.

Can't use linux to test flash for now.

Is it correct to keep standalone android platform-tools actual files same place where lies sailfish flashing files? I could not get fastboot work any other ways.
Afterall decided try linux and worked flawlessly. However next issues are graphic artifacts; everytime swipe to home both sides causes artifacts, also random actions does very commonly. Does it same that already reported in github? Might be however it could be reduced by underclocking gpu or something similar.

Any instructions for that?

Originally Posted by Korkkiruuvi View Post
Afterall decided try linux and worked flawlessly. However next issues are graphic artifacts; everytime swipe to home both sides causes artifacts, also random actions does very commonly. Does it same that already reported in github? Might be however it could be reduced by underclocking gpu or something similar.

Any instructions for that?
It could be caused by underclocked GPU. You may want to increase GPU frequency via zgovernor config file in /etc. Search for corresponding issue at github, it is closed, I think.

Sorry for late response here. TMO is blocking access from the network I am using right now and I happen to be here occasionally

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Yes, you would need to do that. Alao, with the state of the port currently being aarch64-base, your only option would be Xperia 10 II, (and then buy a license). I'm considering buying one just for that reason. I already have an XA2 that I bought for that, but no good anymore since port base changed...
Hello sailors . I like xz2c and SFOS . I bought a 10 mark II ($200) and a Jolla license (sfos x - another $50) . I transferred files from 10 mkII (ofono-alien-binder-plugin , libalienaudioservice ,apkd8-android-settings ,apk d8, alienkeyboardservice, aliendalvik-system, aliendalvik-configs, aliendalvik, alienaudioservice-plugin-sailfish, alienaudioservice, apkd8-l10n-all- translations) necessary for android to work on XZ2c and support appeared on xz2c. I would also like to migrate Predictive text input (required) and MS Exchange support (as appropriate) but I don 't know how to do it . Tell me tell me is it possible to transfer these functions ? If possible , which files should be transferred ?

Originally Posted by KeTbl4 View Post
Hello sailors . I like xz2c and SFOS . I bought a 10 mark II ($200) and a Jolla license (sfos x - another $50) . I transferred files from 10 mkII (ofono-alien-binder-plugin , libalienaudioservice ,apkd8-android-settings ,apk d8, alienkeyboardservice, aliendalvik-system, aliendalvik-configs, aliendalvik, alienaudioservice-plugin-sailfish, alienaudioservice, apkd8-l10n-all- translations) necessary for android to work on XZ2c and support appeared on xz2c. I would also like to migrate Predictive text input (required) and MS Exchange support (as appropriate) but I don 't know how to do it . Tell me tell me is it possible to transfer these functions ? If possible , which files should be transferred ?
On your 10II, e.g.,
Code:
zypper info --requires xt9
and
Code:
zypper info --requires sailfish-eas

Last edited by levone1; 2022-02-03 at 11:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: