Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
How about an N900 version?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
How about an N900 version?
Maemo 5 version will be on the way, once the Meego-Harmattan version is finished.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Roth View Post
....*sniffs* I think I'm about to cry now.. I woke up this morning to find this thread. The same guy who made cuteTube is making the SoundCloud app for MeeGo/Maemo! I am just in awe right now for the Maemo community.

I have been using the stock MicroB browser to upload my music/art onto the site, and let me tell you, it's a kind of a pain because the site it kinda slow through the browser.. but everything works though! So hopefully MusiKloud will be a faster process for me.
So let's check out what we got so far.. Everything is looking good, but there should be an uploading feature after you log in to your account. Also, when viewing a track, we should be able to see the "waves" of the entire song. As the track is playing, there should show some real-time user comments (if any) popping up. There should be a small button to turn those comments on/off on the right side just like on the site. There should also be a share, add to set (which is like an album page), share to a group, download, favorite, edit, delete, etc. The default color scheme of the site include silver, grey, orange (kinda like maemo.org, haha), and some blue for the clickable links, and commenting space..

If you need anyone to do any graphics for the UI, holla at me, and I'd be obliged to help out. Also, if anyone's interested, you can hit me up on SoundCloud. I make chiptune and Trance beats, mostly electronic stuff. \/

// Roth
Most of the features you mention are on my TODO list, and some have already been implemented. Attempting to replicate the full feature set of the website is likely to impact on usability (and some features may not be available via the API), but I'm willing to consider any feature request, especially from those that are more familiar with the SoundCloud service than I am. I had never used it before starting this project.

EDIT: Seekable waveform (with position indicator) and comments now in the track info screen. I just need to tweak the layout a bit.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-08-14 at 01:22.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Holy **** this is awesome. Youtube, Soundcloud from you and Qspot and all my music needs are met. Awesome work.

The Following User Says Thank You to NOMOS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
been a little busy to log in here but i'm pretty shocked at the speed your going at! i wasn't expecting anything from ya for a while!

For features i think taking the basic user features from the desktop browser like

Explore/search tracks, people, groups
i like to use the "hot" "new" lists on the explore tracks section and just leave them play, while i browse the net or read.

the dashboard should be a main screen when logging in so we can see any updates on people we are keeping track of or tracks we uploaded etc.

and not sure how possible this is but maybe able to store favourite tracks in an offline list so we don't have to be connected or logged in to browse the music collection we llisten to, if we want to do something with it that requires a connection then we get the connection popup etc. not that important a feature but something that appeals to me for when i want to show people some tracks or my collection without using my mobile net.

how does the thread title get changed to [ANNOUNCE] instead of request?

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Berlin
some news???

I have posted an early demo of MusiKloud on Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bLg8YhMaq90

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
been a little busy to log in here but i'm pretty shocked at the speed your going at! i wasn't expecting anything from ya for a while!

For features i think taking the basic user features from the desktop browser like

Explore/search tracks, people, groups
i like to use the "hot" "new" lists on the explore tracks section and just leave them play, while i browse the net or read.

the dashboard should be a main screen when logging in so we can see any updates on people we are keeping track of or tracks we uploaded etc.

and not sure how possible this is but maybe able to store favourite tracks in an offline list so we don't have to be connected or logged in to browse the music collection we llisten to, if we want to do something with it that requires a connection then we get the connection popup etc. not that important a feature but something that appeals to me for when i want to show people some tracks or my collection without using my mobile net.

how does the thread title get changed to [ANNOUNCE] instead of request?
The planned workflow is pretty much as you describe. Currently I have the searching implemented. My next priority is to write the backend code for the rest and change the homescreen to something more visually appealing (I will probably use tabs similar to the SoundCloud website with dropdown options for exploring tracks/sets/groups/people).

I'm not sure if offline favourites is realistic, as it would require the storing of all data associated with each track, including artwork (unless you only want the title and artist etc). Also it would need to be synced, to account for any changes that you make using the website. It's not impossible, though. There will be an archive of downloaded tracks/playlists, and the metadata of these will be updated when the download is completed, do they will be nicely organised for playback in any media player.

It's probably a bit early to change this to an ANNOUNCE thread, as I don't anything to release yet. If you do want to change it, you just need to edit your first post, and change the title from there.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-08-16 at 17:03.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
You really are Pro King..

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Thanks for the video of it so far. i like how it still plays in the background while you can still search and playlist function too is nice.

on the search page, it may be cleaner to keep a search bar on top with what you searched in it.

i'll not hit ya with any more suggestions or features. Once you have the core functions complete i'll make suggestions or requests (if there not already addressed by then) Thanks and happy coding. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:

Tags
music, musikloud, soundcloud