Notices

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
Same here (using Black Plastic Theme). This is caused by the theme (black is background color).
I think I found where in the code to change it:
kspread_cell.cc:KSpreadCell:aintCell
Code:
_painter.setBackgroundColor( defaultColorGroup.base() );
(For a hack for now, change it to white)

I am trying to rebuild it with the fix but it is giving me problems in the SDK, I'll try and see if I can fix it, if someone (preferably the original developers who seems to have gone silent) can help trying to compile and test it it would be appreciated.

I'm unable to install freoffice 0.3.1 through the application manager. Half way through the process it just says "Unable to install freoffice".

Thanks.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ India
Originally Posted by dbrodie View Post
I think I found where in the code to change it:
kspread_cell.cc:KSpreadCell:aintCell
Code:
_painter.setBackgroundColor( defaultColorGroup.base() );
(For a hack for now, change it to white)
Thanks for looking in to this. By default, KSpread uses the default palette of the Application. Which is set to black for maemo applications. Will try to package it asap.

I'm unable to install freoffice 0.3.1 through the application manager. Half way through the process it just says "Unable to install freoffice"
Possible issues:
* You need to have PR1.3 to install freoffice 0.3.1
* If you have installed Docs2Go, then FreOffice might cause conflicts vice-versa .

If you could post the error log, it would be easy to find the solution.

Originally Posted by mani View Post

Possible issues:
* If you have installed Docs2Go, then FreOffice might cause conflicts vice-versa .
Thank you, uninstalling Docs2Go solved it.

On a separate note, I've noticed when viewing .doc files, that the first footnote's numbering on each page is always missing, and the line is sometimes indented when it is not supposed to be.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by mani View Post
* If you have installed Docs2Go, then FreOffice might cause conflicts vice-versa.
Out of interest, does anyone know exactly what is causing the incompatibility between FreOffice and Docs2Go?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Both try to replace the icon for .doc which causes an overwrite warning in apt if you try to install one on top of the other.
If you install the later one with dpkg --force-overwrite they will live together happlily ever after.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hello friends of N900 and Maemo,
I would like to know if it is planned to move a stable version of freoffice to extras-testing any time soon?
I realy would like to install freoffice but I keep to the rule not to install from devel since I had to reflash my N900 after fiddling around with software from devel short after buying it a year ago.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by raily View Post
Hello friends of N900 and Maemo,
I would like to know if it is planned to move a stable version of freoffice to extras-testing any time soon?
I realy would like to install freoffice but I keep to the rule not to install from devel since I had to reflash my N900 after fiddling around with software from devel short after buying it a year ago.
It may be a while. In the mean time, if you need a richer Word processor than Leafpad, and if you don't want to install from devel, I recommend that you install EasyDebian. You'll be able to use OpenOffice.org with it. I use it all the time. It is a bit slow to start, but it certainly can do the job.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
It may be a while. In the mean time, if you need a richer Word processor than Leafpad, and if you don't want to install from devel, I recommend that you install EasyDebian. You'll be able to use OpenOffice.org with it. I use it all the time. It is a bit slow to start, but it certainly can do the job.
I have both abiword and openoffice (libreoffice version) installed in easy debian and i much prefer abi word. I can install koffice if I want but cant really be bothered as 2 wordprocessors is enough for me..
Attached Images

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
thx for mentioning some alternatives. I've tried Openoffice with easy debian about a year ago and it felt to slow for me. has there been any speed improvement or do you guys run an overclocked kernel? is abiword significantly faster than openoffice?