Honestly for me, the thing I want them to fix / have working properly in MeeGo is the key features that other phones provide, such as picture text messaging.

I think its ridiculous how they give us such gorgeous hardware, and just lack the ability to update the software to even at least minimal standards.

I think they need to get the basics down, and just release an update (whether it be MeeGo or another Maemo) with all the basic components the N900 is missing, and then take it from there.

If they do that, I feel that the community itself will cut Nokia a little bit of slack (which at this point in time they do NOT deserve).

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Maemo 5 is also advertised as a solid OS but after 2months of released into the wilderness, it isn't that solid after all.

So will MeeGo be solidified by the time it release? Well we'll have to wait to see

Who will be the first adopter here? Not me, how many dude you know roll like this? Not many..If any..I don't know any body (SCRIBE) lol
I am really amazed when people say maemo isnt solid. My phone never reboots randomly (WinMo) or hangs (Android). It does what I ask it.

If you mean it lacks some features you wanted then , ok yes perhaps I will grant you that.

But as far as being solid. Mine is a rock.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
I agree thet maemo 5 is solid. Very stable. The problem is the lack of update to fix bugs and support from devs to make apps and games.

The Following User Says Thank You to cocegas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cocegas View Post
I agree thet maemo 5 is solid. Very stable. The problem is the lack of update to fix bugs and support from devs to make apps and games.
Phone has been out < 1yr and we have seen 2 major bugfix releases. As for apps the N900 has already surpassed the previous OS release in app numbers.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
It is a solid OS. If it wasn't, I'd expect the thing to be rebooting randomly all the time and unable to so much as make a phonecall.

If you want to see a mobile OS that isn't solid, go look at OpenMoko.
Nope, its ugly, dated and sluggish. Nitdroid runs smoother. lol

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Nope, its ugly
Opinion

dated
Opinion

and sluggish.
While I won't say it isn't without its "moments" I will say that it is not sluggish in the sense of being unable to keep up with my interaction. Mostly, crap web pages cause most of the problems.

Nitdroid runs smoother. lol
NITDroid is also wholly incomplete, and exists under the constraints of Android.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Nope, it's incredibly ugly, the ui is terrible and feels very 90s, not up to current design trends in any way shape or form. Not an opinion, it's a fact. It is sluggish, transitions hang, opening sms takes longer than it should. It's just a sh * t os. bottom line Nokia f * ck ed up.

Nope, it's incredibly ugly, the ui is terrible and feels very 90s, not up to current design trends in any way shape or form. Not an opinion, it's a fact. It is sluggish, transitions hang, opening sms takes longer than it should. It's just a sh * t os. bottom line Nokia f * ck ed up.
And that is your opinion. One which I imagine the majority of users do not share and will choose - like most of your posts - to ignore.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
And it lacks vsync. That means zero smooth scrolling and ugly image tearing...but hey who would expect vsync in a mobile pc?

Originally Posted by Clubberlang View Post
And it lacks vsync. That means zero smooth scrolling and ugly image tearing...but hey who would expect vsync in a mobile pc?
To Quote yourself

GPU needs a new driver and the driver is only coming to Meego, not Maemo.
So I fail to see how this announcement is a bad thing?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post: