Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Thanks for your suggestions.

Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Finally got time to dive into 0.96.3...
1. I've got suggestion: change icon in 'By Artist' from folder to something else (e.g. a head, like in its button at the left side) and same with 'By Folder' (change icon from CD to folder).
This sounds like a good solution as long as we don't have support for artist art.

2. What did happen to WorldTV plugin? I mean, I can't find it in extras/extras/devel and thinking of making a deb for if from SVN.
The WorldTV in SVN should be ready for release. I just didn't find the time over the weekend.
If you could build and upload the deb from SVN, that would be great.
But what happens if I wanted to update it? Will I be able to upload a new version to maemo-extras after you uploaded a version?

3. Broken thumbs are still written to ~/.thumbnails/mediabox... Is it supposed to be so?
They should only be written to ~/.thumbnails/mediabox if the file is not on a MMC. But there is also an option to change this behavior in the preferences section.

4. Thumbs generation in Images is still failing... Or it's not the generation, but the fact is that all images after broken one have no thumbs shown.
I'll take a look at it.

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
This weekend I had a chance to use the internet radio streaming from shoutcast stations. and it worked great! very impressed. I've not normally used much internet radio mainly because I can't be bothered to go looking for stations, so the fact it just 'has' a whole bunch ready to roll is great. Very nice.

Now if only that clock plugin was ready.... ;-)

Thanks for the Orb fix! It's working great.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The WorldTV in SVN should be ready for release. I just didn't find the time over the weekend.
If you could build and upload the deb from SVN, that would be great.
But what happens if I wanted to update it? Will I be able to upload a new version to maemo-extras after you uploaded a version?
Have no idea Theoretically everything should be ok.

They should only be written to ~/.thumbnails/mediabox if the file is not on a MMC. But there is also an option to change this behavior in the preferences section.
Files are on the miniSD and option is turned on, so that's why I was asking. Seems to be a bug...

Release notes for the upcoming version 0.96.3:
Use insanely high number for parameter RequestedCount when browsing UPnP
server in order to retrieve all items even from UPnP servers misinterpreting
the RequestedCount part in the ContentDirectory specification (fixes ORB)

Fixed bug that broke compatibility with Microsoft's UPnP media servers
Thanks very much for the 0.96.3 version ... one of those two fixes could be responsible for MediaBox now working well with my XBMC (Windows) media server ... previous versions hung forever after displaying the top-level Music/Images/Videos selection from the XMBC server.

Simon

0.96.3 is not yet released. What you got was from extras-devel.
The real 0.96.3 will have some more bugfixes.

MediaBox 0.96.3 and the WorldTV plugin have just been promoted to maemo-extras and should appear there soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Thank you pycage. After the update my cover art icons are not displaying correctly in the "By Album" view. Basically, it has taken two cover arts and assigned one of them to the other 11 or so albums. However, the correct cover art is displayed in the player mode.

I tried updating using the soft button within the app. I tried deleting the two .idx files.

Is there a collection of thumbnails I could try deleting?

Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
Thank you pycage. After the update my cover art icons are not displaying correctly in the "By Album" view. Basically, it has taken two cover arts and assigned one of them to the other 11 or so albums. However, the correct cover art is displayed in the player mode.

I tried updating using the soft button within the app. I tried deleting the two .idx files.

Is there a collection of thumbnails I could try deleting?
Try deleting the directories ".mediabox/thumbnails" on your memory card and "/home/user/.thumbnails/mediabox". This is where the thumbnails are stored.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
I don't understand how, but the symptom persists. I deleted both /thumbnails and .thumbnails/mediabox while while booted off the MMC and the flash. I rebooted and it appeared unphased.

Should I try deleting the entire .mediabox directory from the mmc card or will that disrupt the installation?

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube